The future Liberals want

With the radical left owning teachers and pop culture, I am so glad I don't have kids
I love my kids! My oldest is a conservative, but she is a borderline gen X'er and my youngest is in the millenial age and is a Bernie fan and overall a 60's child born 25 years later. Being mostly a conservative myself I give my baby a lot of crap, but she handles it well.

I love my kids! My oldest is a conservative, but she is a borderline gen X'er and my youngest is in the millenial age and is a Bernie fan and overall a 60's child born 25 years later. Being mostly a conservative myself I give my baby a lot of crap, but she handles it well.
I was meaning more that I'm glad I don't have kids due to how they go to school to get indoctrinated by far left teachers and watch tv to get the same from cartoons or today's tv/music "stars"

I was meaning more that I'm glad I don't have kids due to how they go to school to get indoctrinated by far left teachers and watch tv to get the same from cartoons or today's tv/music "stars"
I know it's kind of depressing how our kids are treated these days. I think in places like Tennessee they stand a better chance of not being brain washed then they do in crap holes like the population centers of the country. My grandkids are young and I'm curious to see their view of the world as they get older if I live long enough.

Reactions: volfanjustin
Knoxville, like the rest of East TN, is historically conservative.

Don't be a dumbass!

East TN is thankfully conservative.

Knoxville proper is quite liberal though. Combination of UT academics and students...hoodwinked minorities...and all the white guilt from the newly rich in west knox.

Ktown is also a homeless destination like Nashville. Relatively mild climate and generous programs for the destitute made it very attractive for the homeless even before the opiate crisis

East TN is thankfully conservative.

Knoxville proper is quite liberal though. Combination of UT academics and students...hoodwinked minorities...and all the white guilt from the newly rich in west knox.

Ktown is also a homeless destination like Nashville. Relatively mild climate and generous programs for the destitute made it very attractive for the homeless even before the opiate crisis
The 96 Olympics were a boon to the homeless population in Knoxville. Atlanta was handing out one way tickets to whoever would take them, and KARM was a big selling point for many.

Knoxville was conservative... not anymore.

You been quite uppity lately. You not getting any these days?
The majority of conservatives got out of Knoxville and what you're left with is pure SJW garbage for the most part and the recent mayors reflect that. Nobody in their right mind would invest any capital in downtown save for some historical BS. They've got it just the way they like it. Scruffy, hip, edgy, and dirty.

The majority of conservatives got out of Knoxville and what you're left with is pure SJW garbage for the most part and the recent mayors reflect that. Nobody in their right mind would invest any capital in downtown save for some historical BS. They've got it just the way they like it. Scruffy, hip, edgy, and dirty.
Booming. Rich. Developed.

Downtown and other parts used to be empty and dead. Now it's a great place to visit. Just about anything you could want to do in civilization without a car.

Good food.
Good drinks.
Good shopping.
Good living.
Movies.
Shows.
Jobs.
Dog parks.
Bike trails.
Sporting events.

Everything, and more, you spend 30 minutes driving up and Kingston Pike for in an easy walk.

Booming. Rich. Developed.

Downtown and other parts used to be empty and dead. Now it's a great place to visit. Just about anything you could want to do in civilization without a car.

Good food.
Good drinks.
Good shopping.
Good living.
Movies.
Shows.
Jobs.
Dog parks.
Bike trails.
Sporting events.

Everything, and more, you spend 30 minutes driving up and Kingston Pike for in an easy walk.
I get to Knoxville probably 3 to 4 times/year. What you say here seems to be correct however with it comes the scumminess that others have talked about. Time will tell whether or not all of the things you mention remain or whether it has the life of a firefly.

I love it that the downtown area has seen a revitalization. I would be sad if that becomes another Portland/San Fran/LA...

Reactions: volfanjustin
I get to Knoxville probably 3 to 4 times/year. What you say here seems to be correct however with it comes the scumminess that others have talked about. Time will tell whether or not all of the things you mention remain or whether it has the life of a firefly.

I love it that the downtown area has seen a revitalization. I would be sad if that becomes another Portland/San Fran/LA...
Granted I dont have a long history in Knoxville but the issues dont seem any worse than when I started in 2007. If anything it's better since the homeless center moved off the corner of Jackson and Gay.

Granted I dont have a long history in Knoxville but the issues dont seem any worse than when I started in 2007. If anything it's better since the homeless center moved off the corner of Jackson and Gay.
What I can't figure out is that with all these big hearted liberals out there that these numbers of homeless appears to be growing unabated. Recently in Portland I saw tons of them out in the street and many of the local (presumably) left leaning locals walking right by them on their way into the latest kitchy restaurant. Unless of course only those are heartless conservatives that are going out to eat.

I just thought of a question for our big hearted forum brothers. How many of you give a few sheckles to the beggars when you are accosted on the street? Do you do it everytime? How do you decide which one is worthy and 'needs' your help?

What I can't figure out is that with all these big hearted liberals out there that these numbers of homeless appears to be growing unabated. Recently in Portland I saw tons of them out in the street and many of the local (presumably) left leaning locals walking right by them on their way into the latest kitchy restaurant. Unless of course only those are heartless conservatives that are going out to eat.
Not sure what the "conserative" fix is to homeless.

VN Store

Back