THE FRIENDLY SKIES

I typically fly a few times a year and like most everyone else I try to go with the flow and make the best of it. When the airline employees are unprofessional and downright hateful/intentionally unhelpful I do get a bit torqued.

The only time I’ve ever been ready to hop the counter and go at it was with an American flight from De Moines Iowa back home to TN for me and one of my sons who was 13 so 17 years ago. We needed to check in due to no internet access where we stayed. Arrived an hour & 15 minutes before our flight and the Oklahoma State softball team was in line to check all their bat bags and there was a single lady working the counter. She was taking forever and by the time we got to her it was 42 minutes until takeoff and they had given our seats away. Asked her when the next flight was - “tomorrow at the same time”. Asked her what we were supposed to do - “find a hotel I guess”. Steam was coming out my ears. Went through security and checked at the gate where the person was super helpful. Found me a flight to Nashville where fortunately some other folks we knew had driven to Nashville and were on the flight and gave us a ride to Chattanooga. I’ll only fly American as a last resort to this day.
They get that way after being shat on by 20,000 people. News flash. You aren't special. Your kids aren't. No one cares. Take care of your own shat. Mad about it? Don't fly. I am not being a dick but that's the rules of air travel .

Reactions: volkyries
They get that way after being shat on by 20,000 people. News flash. You aren't special. Your kids aren't. No one cares. Take care of your own shat. Mad about it? Don't fly. I am not being a dick but that's the rules of air travel .
Your not wrong but it doesn’t alleviate the frustration of trying to follow their rules and then finding yourself in a bad situation because of the poor service provided by the airline. Guess your perception is life is full of nut kicks, don’t leave home with any expectations of a painless experience!

VN Store

Back