The Fishing Thread

Anybody else using berkley bubble gum worms? Game changer!

Zoom Trick worms are one of my most frequently used baits. I Texas rig them with or with out weight. I mainly use white, bubblegum, and glimmer blue when fished weightless. Fishing with a weight I typically use more natural colors such as the various watermelons and green pumpkin, cherry seed, and black. It's tough to beat a trick worm in grass or brush. I caught my personal best largemouth on a weightless white trick worm (9.5lbs).

Twice a year. Surfcasting in NC and whatever presents itself in Hawaii. Sounds like most surfcasting w bait isnt most effective during the day so if possible want a rod I could do both. Not sure if that's practical though
Sorry just found this thread and I know its been a while since you posted this. Where do you go in NC? I live in Central NC and do quite a bit of fishing down east. I usually take my boat and fish from it but sometimes I anchor and walk over to the front side of Cape Lookout to hit the surf. Brings back fond memorys of when I was a kid catching Pompano, SPecs and Puppy drum in the surf.

Oh my gosh, that would scare the hell out of me!!

I'm not particularly snake squeamish and handled them quite a bit in my youth. (including a 17' python that I'd have never handled without others present) Having said that if a serpent of unknown denomination were to unexpectedly avail itself of my lap from above I'm thinking I'd have a pretty energetic reaction.

I'm not particularly snake squeamish and handled them quite a bit in my youth. (including a 17' python that I'd have never handled without others present) Having said that if a serpent of unknown denomination were to unexpectedly avail itself of my lap from above I'm thinking I'd have a pretty energetic reaction.
🤣🤣

6 miles of paddling this morning, no fish, lots of good bird watching. Beats the crap out of work.

VN Store

Back