The Fishing Thread

Plecoptera

Anybody else using berkley bubble gum worms? Game changer!
Zoom Trick worms are one of my most frequently used baits. I Texas rig them with or with out weight. I mainly use white, bubblegum, and glimmer blue when fished weightless. Fishing with a weight I typically use more natural colors such as the various watermelons and green pumpkin, cherry seed, and black. It's tough to beat a trick worm in grass or brush. I caught my personal best largemouth on a weightless white trick worm (9.5lbs).

bag12day

Twice a year. Surfcasting in NC and whatever presents itself in Hawaii. Sounds like most surfcasting w bait isnt most effective during the day so if possible want a rod I could do both. Not sure if that's practical though
Sorry just found this thread and I know its been a while since you posted this. Where do you go in NC? I live in Central NC and do quite a bit of fishing down east. I usually take my boat and fish from it but sometimes I anchor and walk over to the front side of Cape Lookout to hit the surf. Brings back fond memorys of when I was a kid catching Pompano, SPecs and Puppy drum in the surf.

hndog609

Oh my gosh, that would scare the hell out of me!!
I'm not particularly snake squeamish and handled them quite a bit in my youth. (including a 17' python that I'd have never handled without others present) Having said that if a serpent of unknown denomination were to unexpectedly avail itself of my lap from above I'm thinking I'd have a pretty energetic reaction.

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
I'm not particularly snake squeamish and handled them quite a bit in my youth. (including a 17' python that I'd have never handled without others present) Having said that if a serpent of unknown denomination were to unexpectedly avail itself of my lap from above I'm thinking I'd have a pretty energetic reaction.
🤣🤣

VN Store

Sponsors