The finish line

You said 4-4 at best before the MSU game. Not 4-3. That’s different.
Practically. We played well on the road without one of our best players. So at that time I was 4-4. So I’ve changed it to a win against arky at home. One game. But you guys crucify anyone who isn’t all up the teams ass.

Practically. We played well on the road without one of our best players. So at that time I was 4-4. So I’ve changed it to a win against arky at home. One game. But you guys crucify anyone who isn’t all up the teams ass.

No one is “up this team’s ass” but we haven’t lost a game we’ve been favored in all year, so to expect we go 4-4 in the final 8 just seems highly unlikely and ridiculously negative. I’m not sure what this team has to do to get some recognition. We’re #11 in KenPom and #10 in NET and there is a vocal minority out there still dogging this team for not being good enough.

No one is “up this team’s ass” but we haven’t lost a game we’ve been favored in all year, so to expect we go 4-4 in the final 8 just seems highly unlikely and ridiculously negative. I’m not sure what this team has to do to get some recognition. We’re #11 in KenPom and #10 in NET and there is a vocal minority out there still dogging this team for not being good enough.
I think 4-4 was reasonable not knowing how important Nkamhoua is to our team. He is important but we found out Aidoo has improved a lot recently.

I think 4-4 was reasonable not knowing how important Nkamhoua is to our team. He is important but we found out Aidoo has improved a lot recently.

It just feels like the expectations for this team were set unfairly high, and that there is this incorrect perception that this team isn’t that good. This team is good.

If you said 4-4 pre Mississippi State that would be 3-4 over our next 7 according to your prediction.

Adding the “at best” kinda changes the tone though…that was the unreasonable part, as evidenced by him already changing his prediction after 1 game.

I was saying we’d have to go 3-4 to meet his prediction, not the 4-3 he’s now saying he said was his prediction.
Now we would, yeah. But he made the prediction before the MSU game. If before the MSU game, he was predicting a 4-4 finish, and now believes we finish 4-3, then he had to be predicting we'd lose to MSU.

7 games left. A bunch of tough games for sure, how many do we win? Love the Vols and everything around the program but I’m seeing 4-3 at best. What do you guys think?
This is a team capable of beating any team in our conference. The outcome of all seven games depends on which team shows up for each game. Sorry for being captain obvious.

Reactions: walkenvol
Getting a win tonight and riding that momentum is huge,when u see the games ahead makes tonight's win so much more important.Every Sec game is,but sustainable success is what we tryin to achieve.

FB_IMG_1644706100574.jpg

Reactions: chuckiepoo
3-3 is my guess, too (4-3 if you include Vandy game we won today).

As much as I want a win versus Auburn or Kentucky, Bruce Pearl seems to have our number, and Kentucky is probably the best team in the country when they're playing well. 2 games versus Arkansas will be tough, too.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. 6 more games, I'm thinking 4-2. Would really love to see us sweep all 6 of them though. GBO!
Worst case 3-3 and best case 4-2 IMO. I don’t think 5-1 is very likely. We’d have to split UK and Auburn and then sweep Arkansas. If we go 4-2, I’ll be more than happy because I feel like that would be good enough to secure a 3 seed in both the SECT and NCAA tourney.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back