The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Got my Bravos tix just now.
Sep 3 vs the Marlins.
We’ll be sitting below the chop, so I hope to have a lot of DONGS coming my way!!
View attachment 481007
Good luck..
3af32715439875b4874512b54a752c86.gif

Not embarrassed to say, I’m tripping you before I take off.
True story right here: Way back in the day when I was a student at UTK, the team I was on was in a playoff game in the intramural softball league. The score was tied, it was the bottom of the last inning, and I was on 2nd base. All we needed was a hit and I was going to score and we would win. Sure enough, the batter gets a hit into left field, I’m about to round 3rd, then suddenly I find myself eating dirt on the ground just past the bag. Takes me a second, but I look up and the ball comes into the infield and I scramble back to third. Yeah, the 3rd baseman tripped me on purpose rounding the bag because he knew that was the only way I don’t score. I looked at the umpire, raised my hands as if to say……what? No interference call, but we do win the game via the next batter.

Irony of all ironies, the next fall I walked into class my first day at UT-Memphis and there was the guy who tripped me in my class. He became a really good friend, and was actually in my wedding 5 years later.

True story right here: Way back in the day when I was a student at UTK, the team I was on was in a playoff game in the intramural softball league. The score was tied, it was the bottom of the last inning, and I was on 2nd base. All we needed was a hit and I was going to score and we would win. Sure enough, the batter gets a hit into left field, I’m about to round 3rd, then suddenly I find myself eating dirt on the ground just past the bag. Takes me a second, but I look up and the ball comes into the infield and I scramble back to third. Yeah, the 3rd baseman tripped me on purpose rounding the bag because he knew that was the only way I don’t score. I looked at the umpire, raised my hands as if to say……what? No interference call, but we do win the game via the next batter.

Irony of all ironies, the next fall I walked into class my first day at UT-Memphis and there was the guy who tripped me in my class. He became a really good friend, and was actually in my wedding 5 years later.
Very cool story.

You should’ve gone to his wedding and tripped the bride walking down the aisle (jk, of course)

VN Store

Back