The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Braves vs Nats today at 1:35 PM ET. Spencer Strider to be the Braves starting pitcher.

Let's Go Braves. :)
I’m feeling a 12+ strikeout performance today. Worst team in the league, superstar unhappy. They are mailing it in.

I see you are posting in God’s true time now 😜

I think I’m going to go with Kyle Schwarber for HR Derby Champ. I just think it will be too hard for Alonso to three-Pete. Especially with a 1st opponent like Acuna. Whoever he faces in the final round will be worn out imo.

Matt Olson with an opposite field 3 run home run. Braves 3-0 ... top 3rd.

Austin Riley .... my Baby boy .... follows with a solo shot to center .... 4-0 Braves.
Riley ties Andrew Jones with 27 Homers before the All-Star break.
Baby boy is quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

Sorry if this was posted yesterday. It just still kills me to know how hated these guys were over a game. Step off the white lines and they are great human beings who play with emotion

To heck with what everyone thinks! He’s OUR classless, trashy, disrespectful Vol, so no one else needs to worry about it!
D42683E7-C82E-4F4D-9084-EF23C468DB61.gif
GBO!!

As long as they hold it true for everyone then I'm okay with it but it also means you have to do away with all the other stuff that every team does. The rumor is that the misconduct rule is being added on video review because of Beck and a few others' actions that were named in the meeting. The other team could request they look at the video and eject the player for actions that may have not been seen live by the umpires. If they are going to do all this stuff why not have the balls and strikes questionable by review.
Im speechless if people are actually this soft, that now they can review stuff and eject players for it. People need to grow a pair.

Hey gals.and guys. Be missing you all, even @mad4vols , if you can believe that. Summer has been to short and now I only have one week left until school begins again. Year number 29 for me teaching the youth of Sumner County TN. Hope everyone is doing good. Take care.TH
sneak-hug.gif

On July 18 in Baseball History...
  • 1882 - Ambidextrous pitcher Tony Mullane of Louisville pitched with both hands in a Major League game at Baltimore. Normally a right-hander, Mullane switched to the left hand in the fourth inning. He eventually lost 9-8.

• 1912 - The Chicago Cubs had twenty-one hits in eleven innings but still lost to the Philadelphia Phillies when Gavvy Cravath stole home.

• 1927 - Ty Cobb of the Philadelphia Athletics (the past 22 seasons with the Detroit Tigers) doubled for his 4,000th hit at Detroit's Navin Field off former teammate Sam Gibson in the first inning.

• 1948 - Pat Seerey of the Chicago White Sox hit four home runs in a 12-11, eleven-inning victory over the Philadelphia A's in the opener of a doubleheader.

• 1962 - Bob Allison and Harmon Killebrew of the Minnesota Twins each hit grand slams in the first inning of a 14-3 rout of the Cleveland Indians.

• 1970 - Willie Mays bounced career hit number 3,000 through the left side of the infield off Mike Wegener in the second inning of San Francisco's 10-1 romp over Montreal.

• 1987 - Don Mattingly tied Dale Long 31-year-old Major League record when he hit a home run for the eighth consecutive game in the Yankees' 7-2 loss to the Texas Rangers.

• 1998 - Donnie Sadler's first Major League home run was the first of Boston's record four two-out homers in a 9-4 victory over the Detroit Tigers.

VN Store

Back