The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Same here. Great to be able to stream the games that we other wise would just be listening to the radio, like the old days for football . Good to be contenders again !!!
Radio was the only way for roundy ball and beisbol back in the day. Very fond memories of John Ward calling Ernie and Bernie games.

Radio was the only way for roundy ball and beisbol back in the day. Very fond memories of John Ward calling Ernie and Bernie games.
Oh yeah for sure. John Ward will never be replaced in my memories. Heck he would paint the best picture, just seemed like you knew and appreciated the players more.

Matt Olson with an opposite field 3 run home run. Braves 3-0 ... top 3rd.

Austin Riley .... my Baby boy .... follows with a solo shot to center .... 4-0 Braves.
Riley ties Andrew Jones with 27 Homers before the All-Star break.

Last edited:
Nats score 2 runs .... Chip says it's a 2 run lead for Atlanta.
Chip is so smart.

BronzeSecondhandCoati-size_restricted.gif

My better half works pretty good shift, 2 on 3 off then 3 on 2 off . Great thing about that she only has to take 2 days vacation and gets 7 days off . I just work Monday through Friday wish I had her shift ,I would get 10 weeks off a year !
I really enjoy it. I’ve been used to working 10+hr shifts the majority of my adult life so 12hr shifts aren’t much different for me. I have so much more free time than I used to and I feel a lot less stressed.

Reactions: volsagain
On July 17 in Baseball History...
  • 1924 - Jesse Haines of the St. Louis Cardinals pitched a no-hitter, beating the Boston Braves 5-0.

• 1936 - Carl Hubbell's 24-game winning streak over two years began as he defeated the Pittsburgh Pirates 6-0 on five hits.

• 1941 - Joe DiMaggio's hitting streak of 56 games was stopped by Al Smith and Jim Bagby of the Indians before 67,000 at Cleveland. The Yankees still won, 4-3.

• 1969 - Jim Kaat, Gold Glove winner for seven straight years, made three errors, leading to three unearned runs against the Chicago White Sox. He won the game at Minnesota, 8-5.

• 1974 - Bob Gibson became the second pitcher in Major League history to record 3,000 strikeouts.

• 1978 - Doc Medich of the Texas Rangers saved the life of a 61-year-old fan who had a heart attack before a game at Baltimore. Medich, a medical student, administered heart massage until help arrived.

• 1987 - Don Mattingly became the first American League player to hit at least one home run in each of seven consecutive games as the Yankees beat Texas 8-4.

• 1990 - Minnesota became the first team in Major League history to pull off two triple plays in one game, but it wasn't enough as the Red Sox won 1-0.

• 2000 - St. Louis rookie Chris Richard hit the first Major League pitch he saw for a homer in an 8-3 win over Minnesota.

On July 17 in Baseball History...

• 1924 - Jesse Haines of the St. Louis Cardinals pitched a no-hitter, beating the Boston Braves 5-0.

• 1936 - Carl Hubbell's 24-game winning streak over two years began as he defeated the Pittsburgh Pirates 6-0 on five hits.

• 1941 - Joe DiMaggio's hitting streak of 56 games was stopped by Al Smith and Jim Bagby of the Indians before 67,000 at Cleveland. The Yankees still won, 4-3.

• 1969 - Jim Kaat, Gold Glove winner for seven straight years, made three errors, leading to three unearned runs against the Chicago White Sox. He won the game at Minnesota, 8-5.

• 1974 - Bob Gibson became the second pitcher in Major League history to record 3,000 strikeouts.

• 1978 - Doc Medich of the Texas Rangers saved the life of a 61-year-old fan who had a heart attack before a game at Baltimore. Medich, a medical student, administered heart massage until help arrived.

• 1987 - Don Mattingly became the first American League player to hit at least one home run in each of seven consecutive games as the Yankees beat Texas 8-4.

• 1990 - Minnesota became the first team in Major League history to pull off two triple plays in one game, but it wasn't enough as the Red Sox won 1-0.

• 2000 - St. Louis rookie Chris Richard hit the first Major League pitch he saw for a homer in an 8-3 win over Minnesota.
Look at you, on the ball.
Those are all great events.

VN Store

Back