The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

In the beginning, TBS Superstation was like SNL before SNL became a real thing. They had some guy working there that would be sitting at a desk with an ugly curtain behind him just giving the nightly news.
My papaw would tell me about Ted Turner owning the Braves and WTBS, I thought it was funny that the woman that sang “what’s love got to do with it” owned a baseball team.
I was very young and dumb back then...
🤪
GBO!!

Tina Turner = you thought she was married to Ted?

All I knew was she lived in the mad max apocalypse, sung what’s love gotta do with it and owned the Atlanta Braves.
😂

You do know (now) that she was born & raised in a little bump in the road called Nutbush which is right down the road from where I live (Jackson).

Bob Seger and the silver bullet band on their LP Live bullet really knocked Nutbush City out of the park.

The thing I heard years ago ... is Turner doesn't want anything to do w/Nutbush or where she was born & raised. I think she told Oprah that one time or it was in a magazine article.

Do you remember when the two big radio stations in the 70’s were both on AM: WNOX & WRJZ?

When I was a little kid the radio station I listened to at night on my transistor was WLS FM out of Chicago. Popular DJ at the time was a guy named Dick Biondi. He was a Hoot.

Dick Biondi - Wikipedia

Last edited:
The thing I heard years ago ... is Turner doesn't want anything to do w/Nutbush or where she was born & raised. I think she told Oprah that one time or it was in a magazine article.
I wasn’t aware of that but it’s easy to believe . She had a pretty tough upbringing .

VN Store

Back