The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Nothing you can say can compare to the shock of my team having all these pitchers at the same time.
View attachment 465492

Anybody recognize any of them?
Left to Right:
Anibal Sanchez
Max Scherzer
Justin Verlander
Rick Porcello?
Drew Smyly?

1 MVP
6 Cy Youngs
6 No Hitters
16 All Star Games

And no World Series trophies for the Tigers…

Last edited:
The sad part is that the Dodgers signed him to a 6yr/$162M contract but deferred $57M of it with $4M payments beginning in 2028 thru 2035 and $5M payments from 2036-2040. So in actuality they signed him to a 6yr/$105M contract for his playing years so they could stay flexible with their ungodly payroll.

Conversely, the Braves traded assets and signed Matt Olsen to an 8yr/$168M contract extension.

I know it's his first year w/Braves ... but I'm not impressed with Matt Olson so far this year.
I realize he had great numbers playing with that other team but he's slow out of the gate getting my hopes up for him to deliver this year.
The Braves did this crap in the 80s when they traded a player named Brett Butler to the Cleveland Indians for a pitcher. The Braves pissed off so many fans & I'm still mad about that deal.

I know it's his first year w/Braves ... but I'm not impressed with Matt Olson so far this year.
I realize he had great numbers playing with that other team but he's slow out of the gate getting my hopes up for him to deliver this year.
The Braves did this crap in the 80s when they traded a player named Brett Butler to the Cleveland Indians for a pitcher. The Braves pissed off so many fans & I'm still mad about that deal.
I have to agree. We traded for a guy that was expected to hit at least .250+, 30+ HR, and 90+ RBI. He is currently on pace to hit .251, 20 HR, and 75 RBI. The thing with Freddie is that he never really had slumps. It’s just something we are going to have to live with unfortunately.

My new coffee mug says “Dad you’ve always been like a father to me”.

And yes my first born does share my sick sense of humor.
I got a mug, a giant bag of white chocolate Reese’s and kit kats, a new pair of church shoes, a couple of homemade cards and the best spaghetti lunch ever!!
I am a lucky dude!
😎

VN Store

Back