The Division 2

Was hoping it was finished downloading while I was gone but the wife turned off the PC. Looks like I got it overnight so hopefully give it a go later this evening

I'm a few hours in, have played three or four times. It's definitely still fun like D1. The story isn't really drawing me in, but the gameplay is great and the new skills are fun.

This game is excellent so far. I'm casually playing it but I'm really enjoying it. Beautiful game.

Bought it today and absolutely love it! So much fun. I’ve never liked looter shooter before but I’m having fun with this one

There is a story?
Hah! I'm up to level 12, maybe 10 hours in the game, and I still couldn't tell you what the overall plot is. The characters and the writing just aren't as engaging as D1.

That being said, finding a good group of 4 people makes running around a TON of fun. Main missions, side missions, free roaming, control points, doing main missions a second or third time....all very fun even without the story.

The skills glitch is annoying, so is the fact that weapon mods also have a downside now, but I'm still super happy with it. And I'm sure endgame will be great, too.

Reactions: Freak
Hah! I'm up to level 12, maybe 10 hours in the game, and I still couldn't tell you what the overall plot is. The characters and the writing just aren't as engaging as D1.

That being said, finding a good group of 4 people makes running around a TON of fun. Main missions, side missions, free roaming, control points, doing main missions a second or third time....all very fun even without the story.

The skills glitch is annoying, so is the fact that weapon mods also have a downside now, but I'm still super happy with it. And I'm sure endgame will be great, too.
I’m not up that high yet. I would love to run with a clan but I only play with one maybe two others and I’m too old to join randoms. It’s a fun game. Lots of stuff to do.

I’m not up that high yet. I would love to run with a clan but I only play with one maybe two others and I’m too old to join randoms. It’s a fun game. Lots of stuff to do.

I joined a random clan with 30 or so people in it, haven't really had luck partnering up with anyone.

I just created a clan named Top Vols on PS4 if anyone wants to join (my username is uthood).

I joined a random clan with 30 or so people in it, haven't really had luck partnering up with anyone.

I just created a clan named Top Vols on PS4 if anyone wants to join (my username is uthood).
Sure why not.

I'm having so much fun with this game. It's a great balance of great things from D1 and some new things. Leveling up is just the right place for me, feel like I get good enough drops pretty frequently so that in always getting better health, stronger weapons, etc.

Haven't really figured out modding items yet. I have a ton of mods that are unused.

Story is still just okay, but the gameplay is so good I don't mind.

How many pc players in here? Just curious.

Today's update was like 5GB on pc, fwiw.

Question: does this game have a single player campaign? And if so, is the campaign worth the price of the game.

Question: does this game have a single player campaign? And if so, is the campaign worth the price of the game.
Yes and depends on what you like in gaming. The entire game is mostly a single player camp but it’s more fun w co op. The story is crap. I don’t think I followed it after the second cut scene

Yes and depends on what you like in gaming. The entire game is mostly a single player camp but it’s more fun w co op. The story is crap. I don’t think I followed it after the second cut scene

Definitely agree that it's best as a PvE co-op (for me)... and that the story is not good. Division 1 had a much better story.

Even without a good story, the game is fantastic if you're looking for a cover based co-OP.

Edit: a word

Last edited:
I finally got a PS4 yesterday and the guy told me to start with the first Division to try it and see if I’ll like the second.

Any tips for the first one or ps4’s in general? TIA

I finally got a PS4 yesterday and the guy told me to start with the first Division to try it and see if I’ll like the second.

Any tips for the first one or ps4’s in general? TIA

The first Division is great. Story, mechanics, inventory management, modifications, end game, it's all finely honed. My advice would be to go slowly, enjoy the story.

Division 2 needs some love from the developers to make it as good as the first ended up, but it took a long time for them to get D1 to where it is today.

I switched from Xbone to PS4 at Christmas last year. It's been a great transition. My advice would be to get some of the new exclusives and take your time with those. My favorite so far was God of War (amazing story and gameplay). Just started Horizon Zero Dawn and it's also amazing. I bought Spiderman on sale, have only played for about an hour, but it's a ton of fun.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
The first Division is great. Story, mechanics, inventory management, modifications, end game, it's all finely honed. My advice would be to go slowly, enjoy the story.

Division 2 needs some love from the developers to make it as good as the first ended up, but it took a long time for them to get D1 to where it is today.

I switched from Xbone to PS4 at Christmas last year. It's been a great transition. My advice would be to get some of the new exclusives and take your time with those. My favorite so far was God of War (amazing story and gameplay). Just started Horizon Zero Dawn and it's also amazing. I bought Spiderman on sale, have only played for about an hour, but it's a ton of fun.

Thanks. I appreciate it.
I also picked up Batlefield V, Madden19, and my wife got some skiing game. All used, so we can take back without penalty. I’m so used to ps3 I can’t get used to the PS4 yet.

Reactions: tweezervol
I haven't played Division 1 in about 6 months but it is definitely a solid game. I used to easily burn 4 hours without even knowing it. I would recommend getting a headset and talking to your teammates, with a good group it can be really, really fun.

So they made the raid matchmaking but you can’t get the exotic rewards. Wtf

I don't get the rationale for a lot of what they're doing.

This game feels like Division 1 to me with how they're updating it. I played both games a ton right out of the gate, got frustrated by the updates, stopped playing. With D1 I came back about a year later and LOVED the game and the changes they made.

Hoping the same for D2.

They royally screwed this game up. Was great for a while after release, but some of the decisions they have made is just surprising. They let destiny 2 back and lost most of those initial players who jumped from Destiny 2.

Reactions: bigdaddy

VN Store

Back