The Cocktail Thread

I enjoy trying different subtle flavor variations to OFs and just ordered bacon tobacco bitters. I'm super intrigued.

Mixing up a standard OF is one of my go-to cocktails as well.

Most recently I took some rosemary from the garden and made a rosemary infused simple syrup, which is delicious in an OF-styled cocktail.

Reactions: 1 person
Quickly becoming a fan of Fernet for use here and there.

Fernet is pretty much the official drink of San Francisco. When we first moved there, bartenders would give us shots when they found out we had just arrived in the city.

Fernet is pretty much the official drink of San Francisco. When we first moved there, bartenders would give us shots when they found out we had just arrived in the city.

I had it for the first time in Nashville a month or two ago and enjoyed it. When I was in Portland and asked if it was available at a bar I wasn’t at, the tone of the affirmation made it seem like a no-brainer.

I’ll have to explore a few different Kinds of Amaro.

The bartender in Portland used It with Mezcal, which was odd, but it worked. I’ll see if I can’t find the drink recipe that had it in Nashville. A Hanky Panky is another good one.

You are definitely right tho, can easily be overpowering

Bourbon, agave nectar, lemon juice, dash of bitters, ginger ale and soda.

Not sure what it's called but it's doing the trick.

If I drink a rusty nail I need to smoke a cigar w it.

There's this joint south of my home. It's called Embers. The prices, selection, and staff are great. Music and crowd sucks but **** that.

It's a place where you can drink three rusty nails, eat a great ny strip, and smoke your cigars for under thirty bucks.

Has become my go to for the past three months. I see so many fights there whilst I feast.

Ok, so I recently tried a couple different whiskey's that are supposed to be better than average. One being Woodford Reserve and the other being Makers Mark 46. Give me Jack Daniels over the Woodford and Makers Mark over the 46 because those other two were just harsh on the taste buds.

How do these liquors get rated? Are there a group of fat old men with absolutely no taste buds smoking cigars while they're testing these drinks?

Ok, so I recently tried a couple different whiskey's that are supposed to be better than average. One being Woodford Reserve and the other being Makers Mark 46. Give me Jack Daniels over the Woodford and Makers Mark over the 46 because those other two were just harsh on the taste buds.

How do these liquors get rated? Are there a group of fat old men with absolutely no taste buds smoking cigars while they're testing these drinks?

Lol, it's actually a refined set of taste buds that can really appreciate those whiskeys.

Jack is made from barley waste. Not a fan of Old No. 7.

Mixing up a standard OF is one of my go-to cocktails as well.

Most recently I took some rosemary from the garden and made a rosemary infused simple syrup, which is delicious in an OF-styled cocktail.

I'm intrigued. There's a place down here called Muse which makes OFs with a sprig of rosemary. While primarily a garnish, I enjoy the aromatics and perhaps subtle influence on flavor. It's a good drink. I think I'll give the simple syrup a try.

Last edited:
I soaked a good bit (should have measured) of rinsed rosemary in three cups of water overnight, then added the sugar and made the syrup the next day. Strained off the rosemary and it was delicious, but I love rosemary. I actually won a pretty big homebrew competition with a Rosemary IPA a few years back.

My wife sent me a link earlier asking if I would like a cooking torch for Father's day to make smoked cocktails. I had to inform her that I already have a cooking torch, but I've never thought about using it on cocktails so I did a little reading and might give it a try tonight. Anyone mess with smoked cocktails? Or just smoked spirits?

Reactions: 2 people
There's this joint south of my home. It's called Embers. The prices, selection, and staff are great. Music and crowd sucks but **** that.

It's a place where you can drink three rusty nails, eat a great ny strip, and smoke your cigars for under thirty bucks.

Has become my go to for the past three months. I see so many fights there whilst I feast.

Damn that sounds phenomenal.

Dink (or anyone). I need your recommendation on a easy something I can put in a yeti cup for the beach. Something a little sweet and fruity for the gals but not too sweet. Something quick, easy, simple. Throw something on top of some vodka and or rum. Any suggestions?

In the past I just put in some fruit juices and stuff.

Dink (or anyone). I need your recommendation on a easy something I can put in a yeti cup for the beach. Something a little sweet and fruity for the gals but not too sweet. Something quick, easy, simple. Throw something on top of some vodka and or rum. Any suggestions?

Ice Pick, sweet or unsweetened tea and vodka. Also captain Morgan's and tea with a lime. Easy to make and drink.

Gin and tonic

Gin and tonic

Lol. That's my go to. Women want a little sweeter. Something a little fruitier. I've usually just dumped orange, cranberry, and pineapple juice on top of some vodka, rum, or both. Thought someone might have some ideas on changing it up a little.

Lol. That's my go to. Women want a little sweeter. Something a little fruitier. I've usually just dumped orange, cranberry, and pineapple juice on top of some vodka, rum, or both. Thought someone might have some ideas on changing it up a little.

Go with Screwdrivers

VN Store

Back