The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

I’m not fond of turbocharged engines. Sure, they’re powerful and responsive, but they don’t last as long as normally aspirated engines. I want 200k with little more than regular service. My old Honda 2 litre 4 cylinder vtech was plenty zippy and as reliable as the earth’s rotation.

I’m not fond of turbocharged engines. Sure, they’re powerful and responsive, but they don’t last as long as normally aspirated engines. I want 200k with little more than regular service. My old Honda 2 litre 4 cylinder vtech was plenty zippy and as reliable as the earth’s rotation.
Everyone is moving to them.

Had to buy new long sleeve shirts today (we have to wear shirt and tie). The ones I had fit probably 30 lbs ago when I was running and active 😂

Reactions: VolNExile
Question @YankeeVol

My 2015 equinox is paid off next month. Thinking of swapping it and getting a truck close to the same model year (2012-2015) with 175-200k miles. My equinox has 102k miles. I think it’ll be a better long term investment as far as value. I won’t use it on road trips. My wife’s suv will be used for that, so the truck would be used just to transport to and from work. I already know gas mileage will be taking a hit and likely insurance will be cost more too.

Do you think that’s a good decision? You can be honest

Question @YankeeVol

My 2015 equinox is paid off next month. Thinking of swapping it and getting a truck close to the same model year (2012-2015) with 175-200k miles. My equinox has 102k miles. I think it’ll be a better long term investment as far as value. I won’t use it on road trips. My wife’s suv will be used for that, so the truck would be used just to transport to and from work. I already know gas mileage will be taking a hit and likely insurance will be cost more too.

I just bought a 2015 Equinox a couple of weeks ago. I really like it but still not used to reaching for the console for the shifter.

Question @YankeeVol

I wouldn’t do it, but that doesn’t mean much lol.

Anything with that high of mileage I’d suggest getting a mechanic to take a look at it for you.

I wouldn’t do it, but that doesn’t mean much lol.

Anything with that high of mileage I’d suggest getting a mechanic to take a look at it for you.

I’m considering getting a Honda or Toyota SUV as well. As far as I’m concerned, 200k miles on one of those is the equivalent of 100k on a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge.

VN Store

Back