The Bruce Pearl Thread

Would you be for Bruce Pearl's return if Martin is fired after next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He paid for the crime. He has done his time. No reason we can't bring him back if everything is clear.

The NCAA would have something to say about that.

I'd LMAO if UT said F it and brought him back, but they would have a NCAA investigator camp out at our campus. It isn't happening. All we have is the memories.

Pearl screwed up a good thing. The only one to blame for putting us in this predicament is Pearl and that complete moron Mike Hamilton. While I'm on a roll, Jimmy Cheek can go to hell too.

UT will struggle to be good in anything until Cheek dies, leaves or gets fired.

Last edited:
When did Kiffin lie while being investigated by the NCAA?
No one denies that Pearl lied; yet many continue to act like he didn't have success and do tremendous things while he was here.

Doesn't have to be one or the other. Both can be true.

Pearl isn't coming back. He would definitely come back because chances are he'll never have a major job again, but hold your breath that UT will ever offer him.

Pearl isn't coming back. He would definitely come back because chances are he'll never have a major job again, but hold your breath that UT will ever offer him.

Why is it a certainty that he will never coach again? If he served his penalty, what exactly would be the hold up?

Reactions: 1 person
People are crazy to think a well know school won't take a chance on him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the conference with a school like LSU......

Kelvin Sampson was a better coach than Pearl, and he hasn't really drawn interest from ANY college...what does that tell you?

Bruce Pearl is much better than Sampson, not even close. Pearl won at a UT which we had never won like that before and he did not cheat to do it. He just did something stupid and got caught. Sampson was just a decent recruiter.

What Pearl did isn't even in the same ballpark as all the stuff Sampson was accused of doing.

Actually it wasn't that much different. Repeat offenders, impermissible phone call (obviously Sampson had more than Pearl), lying to the NCAA. It was definitely in the same ball park, as both got very similar penalties, Samson's was much bigger because it was 2 schools and happened at a program like Indiana.

For the difference in what they did, Sampson makes up for it as the more proven coach...and like I said, he has received no interest from any college.

Bruce Pearl is much better than Sampson, not even close. Pearl won at a UT which we had never won like that before and he did not cheat to do it. He just did something stupid and got caught. Sampson was just a decent recruiter.

Look up their resumes...Sampson's is much better and it's not even close.

Look up the definition of cheating...pearl cheated.

Same ball park as what Sampson did? A little more phone calls? This is ridiculous, it's so obvious how much you hate Pearl. Talk about getting more out of less, all Bruce did was win.

And as for cheating, I'm sorry, how badly did Bruce "cheat"? Did he pay players? Have them not take SAT's? Get banners removed? Someone please enlighten as how the devil Bruce cheated.

Actually it wasn't that much different. Repeat offenders, impermissible phone call (obviously Sampson had more than Pearl), lying to the NCAA. It was definitely in the same ball park, as both got very similar penalties, Samson's was much bigger because it was 2 schools and happened at a program like Indiana.

For the difference in what they did, Sampson makes up for it as the more proven coach...and like I said, he has received no interest from any college.

His show cause doesn't end until this year. It'll be interesting to see if anyone bites. That'll give Pearl some kind of barometer of what he can expect.

Same ball park as what Sampson did? A little more phone calls? This is ridiculous, it's so obvious how much you hate Pearl. Talk about getting more out of less, all Bruce did was win.

And as for cheating, I'm sorry, how badly did Bruce "cheat"? Did he pay players? Have them not take SAT's? Get banners removed? Someone please enlighten as how the devil Bruce cheated.

It's obvious you're making assumptions about me...i loved Bruce as much as anyone and respect what he did for us, but sorry if I'm being too realistic now. Look at their resumes, Sampson did a great job at Oklahoma, had them in the final four, 9 straight NCAAs iirc.

Did Sampson pay players, is that why you're insinuating? They both made too many phone calls to recruits...that's construed as cheating. Pearl also was approving pay for recruits lodging so they could take longer OVs to Tennessee, most would also construe this as a form of cheating. Lastly, taking players off campus to your house when it's clearly not allowed (he had been busted for it before) would also be construed as cheating by many.

In the world of recruiting every little edge matters/helps...so while these things may seem small it is a big deal and viewed as cheating.

His show cause doesn't end until this year. It'll be interesting to see if anyone bites. That'll give Pearl some kind of barometer of what he can expect.

Yea, haven't heard him mentioned at all I doubt he lands a high major gig. My bigger point was...I've heard people suggesting bring back pearl with a show cause or some other program should hire him with his show cause still ongoing...if Sampson can't get hired with a show cause then pearl definitely can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back