The Batman (March 4, 2022)

Seems like we get a new Batman actor every 8 years

It is odd that no one wants to stick with the role. Bale finished out a trilogy. Keaton did 2. Affleck sort of did 2... no one seems to want to commit and own the role.

Meanwhile you had RDJ and Chris Evans do 3 solo movies (well sort of), 4 Avengers, and cameos over the course of 10 years. Hemsworth decided he wasn’t done.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
It is odd that no one wants to stick with the role. Bale finished out a trilogy. Keaton did 2. Affleck sort of did 2... no one seems to want to commit and own the role.

Meanwhile you had RDJ and Chris Evans do 3 solo movies (well sort of), 4 Avengers, and cameos over the course of 10 years. Hemsworth decided he wasn’t done.

Keaton was let go when Burton was fired cause 2 was too dark.

Then Schumacher took over and damn near killed the series.

Keaton was let go when Burton was fired cause 2 was too dark.

Then Schumacher took over and damn near killed the series.

Hmm... it was always my understanding that Returns was a success. Pfeiffer’s Catwoman is iconic to this day. I had never heard Keaton was fired so I looked it up.

Apparently there was a lot of negative feedback from some Christian groups that thought it was too violent and Batman should be for small children (despite a PG13 rating). They turned their ire to McDonalds Happy Meals for being misleading. McDonalds in turn expressed those concerns to WB who tucked tail and bowed to the almighty advertising dollar. Thus started the chain of events that brought us Batman Forever. (Also worth noting, after this fiasco McDonalds started lobbying Spielberg to tone down the following summer’s Jurassic Park to coincide with THAT Happy Meal promotion. Not sure if they got their way or not.)

Seems Burton wasn’t so much fired as “encouraged” to take a break and do a “small quirky film”. He took the hint and walked away before the production really got started.

Keaton was still on board at first and by all accounts WB still wanted him to continue the role. The studio claims he wanted more money and merchandising rights. He claims he wanted more input in the script, requesting that it focus more on Batman/Bruce Wayne’s character and less on the villains, and was disappointed he was never consulted When scripting began. Clearly there was “creative differences” that resulted in a somewhat messy breakup.

Ultimately WB got what they wished for. A watered down merchandising opportunity. Of course it would go on to nearly kill the franchise.

Another interesting note, Marlon Wayans was cast by Burton for Robin in Returns but was ultimately cut as the film was already crowded with 2 villains. Schumacher went with Chris O’Donnell instead. However, Wayans had signed a 2 picture deal and still gets residuals from Returns and Forever to this day. Despite not appearing in either film.

Supposedly this Batman Year 2!

Outside the cowl it's not much different than the first suit in Batman Begins

It will be fine. I’d just like to see him look more like the comics instead of this gunner armor look we get every single time.

The best live action Batman costume I’ve ever seen was in the Batman: Dead End fan film.

I really liked Affleck's Batman look.
View attachment 262653

It was Ok. Closer to the comics. Still looked too stiff like he couldn’t really move in it. Over done textures too.

I was down with with Nolan’s realistic take. Every thing needed to be functional. They addressed his cowl needing more flexibility in the movie which was a nice touch. It was good for that trilogy.

I’m just ready for a more comic friendly approach.

It's an early version of the bat suit from what I've read and he will have a more traditional suit by movies end. Looks like what it should look for someone making their own suit and just starting out, I like the direction they are going telling a story we haven't seen in the movies yet. A young Bruce/Batman trying to find his way and becoming the world's greatest detective

It's an early version of the bat suit from what I've read and he will have a more traditional suit by movies end. Looks like what it should look for someone making their own suit and just starting out, I like the direction they are going telling a story we haven't seen in the movies yet. A young Bruce/Batman trying to find his way and becoming the world's greatest detective

Isn’t that what Batman Begins was.

Isn’t that what Batman Begins was.

To a certain extent yes, but this movie will fill in the blanks BB just skipped over by going to a more polished version of Batman. I think we see his journey getting to that version of Batman and all the mistakes he made on the way to there by the 3rd movie. I mean Batman doesn't start out with a tumbler style batmobile and a perfect suit he or Alfred home make everything before he realized he could use Wayne inc. to secretly build all his hardware. This version of batman will be akward and unsure of himself and make a lot of mistakes will finding his way. It will essentially fill in the gaps of Batman Begins

Reactions: Rockytoptalker
He looks better than I thought honestly. There are still some strange casting choices in the movie though. Then again I wasn't happy about Heath Ledger until I saw him in makeup.

He looks better than I thought honestly. There are still some strange casting choices in the movie though. Then again I wasn't happy about Heath Ledger until I saw him in makeup.
I'm pretty sure that's a stunt double and not Pattinson in the pics.

It’s a multiverse.

The Ezra Miller Flash made an appearance on the CW Flash

I mean I guess it's not the worst thing but it's just weird they had the first 5-6 movies connected and then branched out where some seem not connected (Joker, The Batman), Shazam is kinda sorta but not really connected, WW 1984 might or might not be, then the Birds of Prey/Suicide Squad soft reboot where they seem connected because of several same actors but not really.

I mean on one hand I'm glad the movies are getting better but on the other it seems like they've really confused the whole connectivity. If they move forward with the Flash solo movie will he talk about the events of JL or will they ignore it. Will RP's Batman start appearing with these guys and if so how you explain that one?

VN Store

Back