The Batman (March 4, 2022)

I thought Bale did a decent job but his over exaggerated voice always annoyed me. My batman motion picture rankings go:

Robert Pattinson
Michael Keaton
Christian Bale
Adam West
Robert Lowery
Lewis Wilson
Val Kilmer
George Clooney
Ben Affleck

Oh come on, Affleck was phenomenal as Batman. It’s not his fault they put him in crappy movies. Even if he wasn’t your favorite, putting him behind Clooney? That’s just absurd.

Affleck was a textbook Bruce Wayne, for starters. His voice made sense with a voice changer, his suit was FINALLY bullet proof, and he was just all around cool. That scene where he cleared out the warehouse in BvS was one of the highlights of the DCEU.

Oh come on, Affleck was phenomenal as Batman. It’s not his fault they put him in crappy movies. Even if he wasn’t your favorite, putting him behind Clooney? That’s just absurd.

Affleck was a textbook Bruce Wayne, for starters. His voice made sense with a voice changer, his suit was FINALLY bullet proof, and he was just all around cool. That scene where he cleared out the warehouse in BvS was one of the highlights of the DCEU.
I just dont agree.

Warehouse scene the best Batman fight scene in any of the movies.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Warehouse scene the best Batman fight scene in any of the movies.

I would probably give that nod to Bane vs Batman in the sewer tunnels, but I totally respect it.

Only thing I cringe over in the warehouse scene is the guy kicking open the double doors, putting his automatic rifle on his back, and pulling out a grenade.

Like… why?

Reactions: ENGRVOL

Affleck is horrible.

Reactions: davethevol
I think Affleck is the best Batman. He looks the part both as Bruce and the Batman more so than anyone else who has had the role.

Affleck at least had the muscle to look like he could pull off the stuff that Batman does. Nolan nearly so. Pattinson is another stick like Hollywood figure. The average supervillain would crush him like a bug. Heck, I am no longer what I used to be and I would flick Pattinson off of my shoe.

Movie dragged as last 45 minutes so I give it a 7.

If it had of been better edited down to 2:15 it would be a high 9.

Remove the third murder before Falcone and end with red torch and him narrating. Cut 30 minutes atleast.

Reactions: SycloneJoe
Watched Batman Begins (again) 2 nights ago and The Batman last night. Much preferred BB. Thought this latest one was too long and less interesting

Reactions: NEO
Affleck at least had the muscle to look like he could pull off the stuff that Batman does. Nolan nearly so. Pattinson is another stick like Hollywood figure. The average supervillain would crush him like a bug. Heck, I am no longer what I used to be and I would flick Pattinson off of my shoe.

Have you seen this one? Pattinson doesn't look small. He's like 4" taller than Keaton and he's not a rail by any means. He's also playing young Batman and Affleck was playing old Batman. Affleck was going for the big barrel-chested old man strength version you see in Frank Miller's graphic novel. RP is a young pup just figuring out what he's doing.

Loved it much more than any of the others. The whole detective angle is what got me and the length wasn’t an issue as it gave time to develop depth with the characters and still give you ole Ty of action. Loved how it was filmed. Fun dark comic film. No the boys by any means but still the best Batman of any of the films

7/10
I loved the story/movie, that said, jmo, but liked the Nolan films better. Vampire boy did good as Batman, not great imo, but he was probably my least favorite Bruce Wayne. Penguin was the best bad guy, just didn't buy the guy playing riddler as "the biggest bad guy", though his plan was perfect for the movie. I agree with what someone else said, it's hard for me to see Pattinson's version beating up all those bad guys. I will say looks are deceiving, I'm a little guy, but can be mean as crap 🤣. The trilogy I can watch any of them, any time I see them on. Idk if I'd sit through this again, unless I was just somewhere,and someone had it on. Not trying to make it sound like I am, because I loved the story, and like mentioned already, the detective aspect of it. I have nothing against Pattinson, he's just not my favorite Batman, and definitely didn't feel the Bruce Wayne part with him. Jmo, tldr, twss

VN Store

Back