The Atlanta Braves Thread

OBP is very important. High average and OBP kinda go together, don't they?
No. That’s the point.

Players can have very empty batting averages.
AVG as the be all end all stat is flawed because it completely ignores Walking which is a huge skill and it treats every hit as equal which they clearly aren’t.

Guys who slash .290/.320/.380 are clearly not as good as guys who slash .265/.330/.450.

Last edited:
We really need a Centerfielder so we can move Duvall to LF and Ronnie RF when he is back
At this point, I think they’re better off just playing Heredia and batting him 9th. Duvall can handle CF, but he’s not good enough to cover up for a bad guy on either corner.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Yep… He was a 30/100 guy, signed a free agent deal with the Braves and lasted 2 weeks before he was diagnosed with vertigo and ended up having to retire.
I remember when they signed him and he was a “big free agent deal” at that time for Atlanta.

At this point, I think they’re better off just playing Heredia and batting him 9th. Duvall can handle CF, but he’s not good enough to cover up for a bad guy on either corner.
I don’t think Heredia is some amazing fielder either tho to warrant playing for 2-3 months consistently. Hell it sucks that he has to play vs LHP pitching already. Just an unfortunate spot to be in just a few weeks in.

I don’t think Heredia is some amazing fielder either tho to warrant playing for 2-3 months consistently. Hell it sucks that he has to play vs LHP pitching already. Just an unfortunate spot to be in just a few weeks in.
Haha I would bet Duvall is a better CFer than Heredia

Reactions: AV_12
64CD7449-2188-4300-A26B-61A583ECA17D.jpegJust an update, on May 10th, my little girl will be having skull surgery. She has Metopic craniosynostosis if you want to look it up. The ridge in the front of her forehead down to her nose is what the surgery is on. Her skull fused too fast in the womb and won’t allow for brain growth around the toddler years. The surgery is 99% successful. It will take about 6 hours and we will be in the ICU for 4-5 days. As before, we are still at peace with it for now but will likely be a nervous wreck come that time. We met our surgeon at Vandy and he is supposed to be a rockstar at this. I’m only telling ahead of time so we can get some much needed prayers in. Much love to you guys. Y’all are family! GBO/B4DL

VN Store

Back