The Atlanta Braves Thread

Bowman has Newk, Julio, Wright and Fried In the rotation with Parsons and Wilson for the last 2 pen spots over Touki

Way early. Do something similar to Bregman. Play 3 years, hit with a 6 year extension. No need at all to do it now. There is no need to rush.
I see what you are saying, don't get me wrong. It is mentioned in the article but if Acuna stays healthy (God willing) his cost is likely just going to skyrocket. Would it not be better to just go ahead and try to lock him up now?

I see what you are saying, don't get me wrong. It is mentioned in the article but if Acuna stays healthy (God willing) his cost is likely just going to skyrocket. Would it not be better to just go ahead and try to lock him up now?
Yeah... he’s not signing a bregman deal if his trajectory holds for 3 years

Reactions: BigOrange15
Yeah... he’s not signing a bregman deal if his trajectory holds for 3 years
I didn’t mean a Bregman deal numbers wise. Saying lay down 3 seasons, sign for 6 more. Buys out remaining arb years and pushes his free agency out a couple years. We’d be lucky to get him at 6/180 at that point.

It doesn’t *really* matter though because basically all you’re doing is giving him a guaranteed deal through his arbitration years, right?

His big deal is always going to be after that.

VN Store

Back