The 4-8 and 5-7 seasons got Butch and Dooley fired!

The football program must be really broke if they are not even going to entertain firing this guy. We are in bad shape and it will take years to recover.
Those seasons has easy wins. There were none on this schedule. No question Pruitt has **** the bed with this team after opening 2-0. They may win one more game.

If they lose to a winless vandy Pruitt should be put on a bus straight back to bammer land. If we beat vandy, go 3-7 he should still be put on that bus and no snacks!

Pruitt needs to be fired sooner rather than later. The upcoming recruiting class is going to tank because no recruit is going to want to come to a program with a lame duck coach that will most likely get fired the following season. This will essentially leave the next coach with a completely bare cupboard. Even in general, who would want to come play for a coach like Pruitt? All we’re doing is delaying the inevitable.

Pruitt needs to be fired sooner rather than later. The upcoming recruiting class is going to tank because no recruit is going to want to come to a program with a lame duck coach that will most likely get fired the following season. This will essentially leave the next coach with a completely bare cupboard. Even in general, who would want to come play for a coach like Pruitt? All we’re doing is delaying the inevitable.

^^This

That asterisk is soft as baby poop. Every other team has dealt with the same thing. It's different, yes...but it's different for everyone. It certainly doesn't excuse regressing while other teams improved. And it doesn't explain why we have regressed, not just from last year, but since the beginning of the season.

There is no asterisk, all of our competitors are dealing with the same conditions.

I live in Kentucky and watched Stoops in a interview say he’s barely had any practice time to get ready for the season.

The same team whooped our ass in Neyland Stadium so the whole COVID excuse is flat out stupid.

There is no asterisk, all of our competitors are dealing with the same conditions.

No they aren’t. No team has had the same equal conditions. Utah just started their season this past weekend. A&M and other have had games canceled due to Covid. There is no guarantee that the season even gets finished. Pruitt having these results in the Covid year is drastically different than a normal 12 game season with a full spring and fall offseason/preseason schedule. BYU is trying to schedule games mid season.

Some schools aren’t traveling out of state for games.

To sit here and say every program in the power conferences alone have had the same equal impacts of Covid is not a smart observation. Pruitt totally warrants criticism and the heat. But even Stevie Wonder can see we haven’t had impacts and effects of Covid that others haven’t and have had.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
No they aren’t. No team has had the same equal conditions. Utah just started their season this past weekend. A&M and other have had games canceled due to Covid. There is no guarantee that the season even gets finished. Pruitt having these results in the Covid year is drastically different than a normal 12 game season with a full spring and fall offseason/preseason schedule. BYU is trying to schedule games mid season.

Some schools aren’t traveling out of state for games.

To sit here and say every program in the power conferences alone have had the same equal impacts of Covid is not a smart observation. Pruitt totally warrants criticism and the heat. But even Stevie Wonder can see we haven’t had impacts and effects of Covid that others haven’t and have had.

We don't play Utah so IDGAF. Or about anyone else not on our schedule.
Then we should beat A&M, right?

We don't play Utah so IDGAF. Or about anyone else not on our schedule.
Then we should beat A&M, right?

Oh so now you are admitting that all teams playing this fall haven’t had same conditions?

In regards to A&M, there is no guarantee the game gets made up and played after Florida week

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

Reactions: BSOVOL1967
We will play 9 games this season most likely. Butch would have gone 0-8 if he had only SEC games to play.

The looming factor over Pruitt's head is that the school would have to finance a 25 million dollar fire and hire for the football coaching staff on top of a 50 million budget shortfall.

People are "tired of hearing Covid being used", but they are delusional if they think that Pruitt isn't gonna get some leeway here given Covid kept the team from having a normal schedule this year for offseason and fall preseason.

What's worse, Pruitt having this kind of season during a worldwide pandemic that has effected every team in different ways (not every school and team have had equal impacts from Covid) or Pruitt laying a goose egg in a normal 12 game season?

The cost of a new hire is not a new or extra expense. It's money gone regardless. The money is there when they want it to be. The athletic department went from 400k in reserve to 20 million in 18 months recently. It's a matter of maybe a little less construction. I was reading an article about finance in the AD from a couple years ago and they were speaking to Athletic Department personnel at the new 50 million dollar athletic offices. There's a reason some big donors are in construction.

That's pretty sad if beating a winless Vandy team will save his job. I mean if this is true and they are hedging things based on the outcome of this game, shouldn't that tell you what you already know? If you're at this point seems like they'd already realize he's not the guy; I don't know what beating the worst Vandy team since the Watson Brown era proves other than I guess we aren't the very worst team in the SEC.

They were going to keep Dooley until he lost to Kentucky. So it definitely sounds plausible.

Reactions: BSOVOL1967
We have had it far better than some. Yet here we are. Again.

In terms of Covid outbreaks and games (only missed 1), yes we have. But in terms of preparing for season (preseason and offseason), we have most definitely not.

Oh so now you are admitting that all teams playing this fall haven’t had same conditions?

In regards to A&M, there is no guarantee the game gets made up and played after Florida week

Move them goalpost!

I was ONLY talking about teams on our schedule in my original statement. IDGAF about the rest of the NCAA. As far as the SEC goes, everyone is in pretty much the same boat.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Thanks to the OP for the information.

Sadly, it is so Tennessee that it only takes a 17-13 win over a winless Vandy team it secure his job.......

Reactions: EZE
I think that you mean Vandy.

It was losing to Kentucky that did him in, he's even said it multiple times since. He was going to be fired regardless of the Vandy game after 2012. Losing to Kentucky cost Tennessee a bowl game, broke our only winning streak and lit the seat on fire for his final season.

I feel like either way we go, its going to be expensive. Either we keep Pruitt and invest heavily in replacing members of the staff or we go ahead and make the change.

It's clear Pruitt doesn't trust Ainsley to run the defense. Could he trust Will Muschamp so he can truly be the CEO he needs to be? We're going to need a d line coach. Also, you know we are going to make changes on the offensive side of the ball. Chaney is expensive. Do we keep him? Would a replacement be cheaper? How much for a few new position coaches? If we end up firing Pruitt next year anyway, would it really be any cheaper with all the buyouts of the new staff included?

If we know he's not the guy, just rip the bandaid off and do it.

Move them goalpost!

I was ONLY talking about teams on our schedule in my original statement. IDGAF about the rest of the NCAA. As far as the SEC goes, everyone is in pretty much the same boat.

Moving those goalposts are exactly what you are doing right now. From every team in the country to only the teams on our schedule lmaoooo

Funny how the opposing teams going through the same pandemic, had no problem kicking our ass.
Same goes for other freshman qb's all around the nation. Some looking great, but ours can't because of corona? I don't get it.

Ok, I am hesitant to post this because people get hammered around here, but I'm simply relaying information that was voluntarily supplied to me. I live and work in the Chattanooga area, and I was working out today at the Sports Barn during my lunch hour. I am in the office this week in downtown Chattanooga, and I bring that up since I normally work from home due to Covid-19, but was asked to come in this week by the organization I am currently employed with at this time. Anyway, my source has the following credentials: Graduate of UT and ran track for UT in the early 1970's, knows Condredge Holloway, etc.. He is now retired and he and his family owned Lincoln/Ford dealerships in the Chattanooga area. I believe my source went to Baylor, his source that he got his information from is from my hometown of Cleveland, TN, and this gentleman played football at Tennessee in the late 60's/early 70's... The information I received and nothing is guaranteed, was that there is a possibility and only a possibility that major program donors could possibly consider assisting in a buyout of Coach Pruitt, if we lose to Vanderbilt this week, and my source said, and I quote directly: "Pruitt is coaching for his job this week"... I trust what my source tells me, and again had not seen him for quite a while, as I have not been in the office in downtown Chattanooga since March 2020. Not saying that anything will happen, but my own personal timeline for Coach Pruitt has been shortened, as far as his tenure here goes.. I had thought he could possibly make it through to the end of the 2022 season, but after talking with my source and how much aggravation there is right now with some of the older money donors, I think Pruitt will definitely have to find a way to win 9 games next year, assuming a 12 game season is what UT plays in 2021. Again though, my source said it is very possible that a defeat to Vanderbilt this weekend, would place Coach Pruitt's job security in serious jeopardy at the close of the 2020 season, as UT would finish 2-8, since we are 99% guaranteed to lose to both Florida and Texas A&M. Again, just relaying information from someone I know and trust when it comes to Tennessee Athletics and topics in general.
You get an hour for lunch!

VN Store

Back