The $24 million dollar question

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Could our crappy o-line run the ball aginst our crappy d-line?

Sadly, I think the answer is NO. I think against teams like Georgia and LSU we are going to look like a Run and Shoot team.

We spent a lot of time tonight in 2 TE 1 RB sets. I think the coaches are not only unhappy with the O-line play, but also the FB play.

Sadly, I think the answer is NO. I think against teams like Georgia and LSU we are going to look like a Run and Shoot team.

We spent a lot of time tonight in 2 TE 1 RB sets. I think the coaches are not only unhappy with the O-line play, but also the FB play.

Have we run the two TE set much this season? Thinking back, I really don't remember it. I was wondering if the second half was the first time this year we really went back to that formation. It seemed to work better.

We've run a lot of TE and with an H-back, but not that much true Double TE. At one point tonight we had Chris Brown and BOTH the Cottam brothers on the field in what amounted to a triple TE set for short yardage.

The dollar sign, and SAYING "dollar" in the subject line is redundant. :closedeyes: :acute:

The loss of Harrell hurts a lot, no doubt... I was just hoping it wouldn't make THAT big of a difference against Marshall... :wacko:

I just have a feeling that there's going to be a game where our D line just clicks. Now, that might be the last game of the year, or the next one.

They're young and inexperienced. For now, I just hope that they can do enough to help us win, or at least not hurt our chances of winning.

Did Walter Fisher play tonight?
Yes, I heard his name near the end of the game. It was on a play that Dan Somethingorother got a TFL. Tiddy mentioned it in the game thread, he may know the name. :)

And I agree Tiddy, I had hoped it wouldn't be an issue either.

Yeah, Fisher was in on the play where Dan Williams stuck someone in the backfield near the end of the game.

Or maybe that was where Bolden hit someone in the backfield... either way Fisher and Williams were out there too... according to Bob. :lol:

What are yall bit&@in about it was a win and from what I could tell on espn gamecast we won pretty handily.

What are yall bit&@in about it was a win and from what I could tell on espn gamecast we won pretty handily.

Well. . . .Marshall was playing us very tight until about halfway through the second half. There was actually a point where it looked like they were going to pull within a field goal. We struggled miserably running the ball until we wore them down, and our defense gave up a couple of very long drives to an inept offense. All in all, I think a lot of people (myself included) are nervous going into a tough month and a half.

If you would have told me that Tennessee would lose Arian Foster, Inky Johnson and Justin Harrell to injury, and come out of the homestand at 4-1 with a one point loss to a top 5 team in the country, I would have said SEE YOU IN MEMPHIS, I'LL TAKE IT.

I think almost everyone here would have too.

Tennessee didn't look like National Champs, but the game was NEVER in doubt.

Marshall held the ball for 12 and a half minutes in the third quarter and our Defense didn't let them score, it wasn't as doom and gloom as some would believe.

3-1.

Not really doom and gloom... just want more out of the lines, especially against Marshall.

VN Store

Back