The 2023 NBA thread (Draymond is overrated edition)

Lebron basically averaged a 28-pt triple double and shot over 50% with only 9 turnovers in the whole series. Maybe Gordon did great against him, IDK. But hard to believe you can be primary defender and boast that you locked up an old man with those numbers. He did pretty good against KD and legit locked Jimmy last night

View attachment 554334

I don’t think he meant “shut them down” I think he was just saying “Hey I’ve been the primary dude guarding them”

Also, what a great trade that was

If LeBron James averaged a 30-13-10 on 54% shooting in a playoff the media would try and make him head of the UN, let alone talk about him having a GOAT playoff run.

But it’s Jokic, so eh.

If LeBron James averaged a 30-13-10 on 54% shooting in a playoff the media would try and make him head of the UN, let alone talk about him having a GOAT playoff run.

But it’s Jokic, so eh.

I mean, he did 34, 9, and 9 shooting 54% before all stats got inflated by 10%. Hell, he did 35, 9, and 7 at. 51% way back in the slow-paced aughts, and half of the basketball world was still saying Kobe was best.

Jokic is almost universally looked at as the best player in the league rn, and that's not enough for people. Lots of people were saying it coming into the season, after a 1st rd elimination.

Last edited:
I mean, he did 34, 9, and 9 shooting 54% before all stats got inflated by 10%. Hell, he did 35, 9, and 7 at. 51% way back in the slow-paced aughts, and half of the basketball world was still saying Kobe was best.

Jokic is almost universally looked at as the best player in the league rn, and that's not enough for people. Lots of people were saying it coming into the season, after a 1st rd elimination.

Huff, I like you. Jealousy is not a good look sir

Huff, I like you. Jealousy is not a good look sir

Dude, I'm just saying they didn't throw a parade for Lebron. People came away from that playoff saying KD was the best player. Maybe you don't remember.

IDK what media people are consuming but everything I consume (BS, Russillo, Lowe, and like 8 other people on the Ringer feed) has been giving Jokic his flowers for well over a year. This attitude that he's slighted is annoying.

Dude, I'm just saying they didn't throw a parade for Lebron. People came away from that playoff saying KD was the best player. Maybe you don't remember.

IDK what media people are consuming but everything I consume (BS, Russillo, Lowe, and like 8 other people on the Ringer feed) has been giving Jokic his flowers for well over a year. This attitude that he's slighted is annoying.

So…The Ringer guys have given their props to Jokić? I mean yes that makes sense, it’s an analytically savvy website.

The big media have ignored him/dismissed him for a while. I mean we had an ESPN analyst insinuate he was overrated because he was white within the last six months

So…The Ringer guys have given their props to Jokić? I mean yes that makes sense, it’s an analytically savvy website.

The big media have ignored him/dismissed him for a while. I mean we had an ESPN analyst insinuate he was overrated because he was white within the last six months

He's in rare territory to get this much talk as best player before winning a title. He's there with MJ, Lebron, and Shaq. Everybody else won a title before they got this much praise. Not sure Curry has ever had this much and he's sitting on 4 titles, and won one with a pretty mundane team last year. It was still Giannis vs. Jokic vs. KD in every discussion I heard.

Spo was like “**** it let Jokic score all the 2’s and don’t give up 3’s”

Malone really hurt himself tonight. Not going with Brown more over Porter, not calling the TO. Leaving Braun in too long

I don't care what I've seen for 4 rounds, the Heat could win this finals and I still won't believe in them.

If I’m Denver, I’m feeling okay. It took 17-35 from 3 in Miami. Porter/Murray didn’t show for 45 minutes. Jokic won’t have 4 assists to 5 TO’s again. KCP was terrible on D. Miami should feel solid too. We got a series.

Reactions: Rifleman
If I’m Denver, I’m feeling okay. It took 17-35 from 3 in Miami. Porter/Murray didn’t show for 45 minutes. Jokic won’t have 4 assists to 5 TO’s again. KCP was terrible on D. Miami should feel solid too. We got a series.

That's basically what they shot against the C's. Maybe they can keep it going. Pretty clean looks. But I'm with you.

Reactions: Rifleman
I bet Jokic on a long shot to get 50 pts + reb + ass in every game, and I'm still alive despite only 4 assists tonight

Driving home from the family’s after watching the game.

Hate the non TO even more.

You have two TO’s. 12 seconds after the missed Jimmy shot. You call a TO, you can run a quick bucket Miami will easily concede with 6-7 seconds. If they foul you, it’s gonna be with 3-4 seconds at the latest. You still have the TO you can call after you foul them and take a shot with 2-3 seconds AND you make them hit FT’s. You can’t win the game so it’s not like you give them final shot. Just really hate that decision there

That's basically what they shot against the C's. Maybe they can keep it going. Pretty clean looks. But I'm with you.

No they got much better looks tonight, that little side ball screen they went with in the 4th with Bam at the top with the ball and just torched MPJ/Braun with. It was excellent coaching.

No they got much better looks tonight, that little side ball screen they went with in the 4th with Bam at the top with the ball and just torched MPJ/Braun with. It was excellent coaching.

I think it was specifically on made 3's, but somebody said they averaged 7 feet of space against the C's. They're just really good at getting open looks.

VN Store

Back