The 2023 NBA thread (Draymond is overrated edition)

I think it was specifically on made 3's, but somebody said they averaged 7 feet of space against the C's. They're just really good at getting open looks.

First 7 minutes: 21-10 Heat

Next 29 minutes: 75-59 Nuggets

Next 7 minutes: 31-11 Heat

Final 5 minutes: 15-7 Nuggets

Kinda crazy game. Heat really beat them in 15 minutes.

First 7 minutes: 21-10 Heat

Next 29 minutes: 75-59 Nuggets

Next 7 minutes: 31-11 Heat

Final 5 minutes: 15-7 Nuggets

Kinda crazy game. Heat really beat them in 15 minutes.

I was on delay and when Nuggets started killing them I skipped almost a whole quarter fully expecting to skip the rest of the game and when I hit play it was 64-62

RE: national debate about altitude advantage. I would guess it has to be some kind of advantage, and I found that the average NBA team wins 60% of home games and conversely loses 40% of away games. Denver is 66% all-time at home and 35% on the road, so based on that, it seems like it is a significant, but not huge advantage.

All Kobe cared about was winning

The great Karl Malone and Gary Payton experiment,Lakers fan and didn't like it even though they made it to Finals.KM was a shell of a player bad knees and Payton never fit in Jackson's triangle offense.

The great Karl Malone and Gary Payton experiment,Lakers fan and didn't like it even though they made it to Finals.KM was a shell of a player bad knees and Payton never fit in Jackson's triangle offense.

I love GP but by all accounts he was an absolute bastard to play with. It was destined to fail with he and Kobe. Malone was pretty good for the Lakers but was banged up for that series. That was most definitely one of the biggest super team failures.

Reactions: knoxvol52
lol who the hell is d. george? im assuming he's some random journeyman and to be in a lineup with payton, shaq, malone, and kobe is amazing.

Devean George, 3 & D big wing that was on their three title teams. He had a monster game in one of those runs in a huge game, can’t remember the year though.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Devean George, 3 & D big wing that was on their three title teams. He had a monster game in one of those runs in a huge game, can’t remember the year though.

He had 16 in the famous 04 Derek Fisher shot vs San Antonio was the one I remembered. So not a monster game lol

He had 16 in the famous 04 Derek Fisher shot vs San Antonio was the one I remembered. So not a monster game lol

The pace was so slow back then that 16 was a pretty damn good total for a role player. The Lakers scored 74 and won, LOL. He scored more than Shaq and more than Malone and GP combined and more than the entire bench.

The pace was so slow back then that 16 was a pretty damn good total for a role player. The Lakers scored 74 and won, LOL. He scored more than Shaq and more than Malone and GP combined and more than the entire bench.

That makes a lot more sense because I remember after that game (for some reason) a lot of talk about the shot and how huge George was in that game.

Suns save $15M and I think it gets them under the second apron at the moment but now it’s like 6 players under contract?

Edit: 5 players at $150M 🥸🥸🥸

Reactions: DocVOLiday

VN Store

Back