The 2023 NBA thread (Draymond is overrated edition)

People not acknowledging Jokic as the clear undisputed best player in the league reminds me of Peyton from 2003-2005 where it’s clear who the best QB was but because the playoff resume is lacking everyone wants to be edgy and make it someone else.

Reactions: BadJerry20
People not acknowledging Jokic as the clear undisputed best player in the league reminds me of Peyton from 2003-2005 where it’s clear who the best QB was but because the playoff resume is lacking everyone wants to be edgy and make it someone else.
Never heard of her (j/k, he's REALLY good, but so are*). But, unlike Manning, Jokic will likely never get a ring.

*Embiid.
Giannis.
Luka.

Never heard of her (j/k, he's really good). But so are:

Embiid.
Giannis.
Luka.

I will listen to the Giannis talk and not argue. I just think Joker’s offensive impact trumps everything. What that dude does on offense every night is insane.

Reactions: BadJerry20
I will listen to the Giannis talk and not argue. I just think Joker’s offensive impact trumps everything. What that dude does on offense every night is insane.
💯 agree. It just sucks he plays for Denver.

Reactions: zjcvols

Jokic is the best regular-season player but the playoffs are different. I consider Giannis to be the best player. I'd still say healthy KD over Jokic, too.

Giannis is at the point few guys ever reach where you have to have a significantly better team than him to get him out of the playoffs. Jokic does not have that status. Jokic has to have a good draw in the playoffs to make the finals. Too many teams are bad matchups for them because they can expose him defensively.

He's gotten better with the D, and maybe it will be enough this year, but I need to see that he can survive 4 rounds of the playoffs before I can call him the best player. Does he even 4 series wins all-time?

Edit: yes...4 career playoff series wins for Jokic.

...and to clarify...Peyton didn't play D and didn't always play his best in the playoffs, but with Jokic he has to play D, and this isn't about choking at the wrong moments. This is about an actual real limitation. Jokic plays great offensively in the playoffs, and they still go home.

Last edited:
Kenny Atkinson and Quin Snyder among the possible replacements for Nate McMillan after the Hawks fire McMillan today.

As a long time Hawks fan, I would like to see what Snyder could do with Trae Young and Murray and Collins.

Snyder is kinda known as a PG whisperer* but he's also the guy who couldn't get Spyda to pay like a real PG. His frustrations with Gobert and Spyda and his inability to get them over the hump is why he stepped down. I just can't see him wanting to go work with a guy who is even more difficult than Mitchell, with a roster that's not great and doesn't have future picks.

*resurrected guys like George Hill, Ricky Rubio, and he won 40 games with Raul Neto/Shelvin Mack as his starting PG's.

Snyder is kinda known as a PG whisperer* but he's also the guy who couldn't get Spyda to pay like a real PG. His frustrations with Gobert and Spyda and his inability to get them over the hump is why he stepped down. I just can't see him wanting to go work with a guy who is even more difficult than Mitchell, with a roster that's not great and doesn't have future picks.

*resurrected guys like George Hill, Ricky Rubio, and he won 40 games with Raul Neto/Shelvin Mack as his starting PG's.

Well Atlanta has a great point guard that is willing to listen and get others involved first...

VN Store

Back