The 2023-2024 Carolina/Duke basketball thread.the"will Duke get a higher seed than 5?" Edition.

I experienced the ‘83 Pack run. There were only 8 teams in the ACC then so they had to win three games to get in the NCAAT (they weren’t in at 17-10 at end of regular season). Then they win a couple in the early rounds of NCAAT they had no business winning with unreal end of game fortune. Had to beat Ralph Sampson and Akeem Olajawan to win it all. Unreal. But this is even better. Had to win Five straight ACC tourney games and now in the final four. I’m not automatically giving Purdue the win.

So you’re just going to over look the fact that Knecht was the only one who came to play today?
I get it things happen but if just one more shooter shows up this game ends differently.
Nah, I’m not blind to that fact. Definitely needed others to step up and that didn’t happen. I guess it just irks me with the treatment that Edey gets, no matter the opponent. He should have had 3 fouls in the 1st half EASY. To have 1 foul the entire game and shoot twice the amount of FTs as our entire team by himself is just absurd. The 3 sec lane violation doesn’t apply to him. Just all around travesty for the sport. Anywho, it is what it is and just a game. Not gonna lose sleep over it.

Nah, I’m not blind to that fact. Definitely needed others to step up and that didn’t happen. I guess it just irks me with the treatment that Edey gets, no matter the opponent. He should have had 3 fouls in the 1st half EASY. To have 1 foul the entire game and shoot twice the amount of FTs as our entire team by himself is just absurd. The 3 sec lane violation doesn’t apply to him. Just all around travesty for the sport. Anywho, it is what it is and just a game. Not gonna lose sleep over it.
I like Duke obviously, but I would’ve really been interested in how they treated Edey against a blue blood. Not just from the fan aspect.

I experienced the ‘83 Pack run. There were only 8 teams in the ACC then so they had to win three games to get in the NCAAT (they weren’t in at 17-10 at end of regular season). Then they win a couple in the early rounds of NCAAT they had no business winning with unreal end of game fortune. Had to beat Ralph Sampson and Akeem Olajawan to win it all. Unreal. But this is even better. Had to win Five straight ACC tourney games and now in the final four. I’m not automatically giving Purdue the win.
I lived in Houston at the time. Being a State fan, I had to search high and low for anyone in Houston that even cared about the Cougars. There was no one to talk to and generate any rivalry about that game. I was a student at NCSU back in the David Thompson era....wild times! in the ACC!

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
You guys are a good lot. I started stopping by to read after I figured out that my previous squabble was basically with the meat and potatoes of this thread. Feel like I lucked into discovering some good people. Onward and upward for us all.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I get that Eudy is a good player but does every move he makes have to be called like a highlight reel play?

I noticed that. It looks like he was going to lose playing time with the guys coming in,and he's not staying after starting for two years.
Mitchell was my guy who i said was the key to Duke being able to reach their ceiling. Unfortunately, MM just didn’t have the consistency each week to make that jump, despite getting to the Elite 8. His limitations on offense kept Duke from being what it could’ve been. I hope he does well wherever he decides to go, unless it is a rival or UConn or UK.

Reactions: Pennheel
Reactions: Pennheel

VN Store

Back