The 2022 NFL Season Thread

Tonight on MNF
The Buccaneers play the Saints in Tampa Bay.

It should be an entertaining division game.

Andy Dalton is expected to start for the Saints so my confidence is low that the Saints win the game even though the Buccaneers are a bad team according to the conclusive numerical measurement that is record.

I’m watching the game at DJs Dugout.

The Saints unique other helmets stand out including mostly Black with the Old Gold which makes the Old Gold Saints logo stand out.

I’m watching the game at DJs Dugout.

The Saints unique other helmets stand out including mostly Black with the Old Gold which makes the Old Gold Saints logo stand out.
You must be a frequent diner at DJ's...wish I were in town to join you...'cause I would

Reactions: firestorm
You must be a frequent diner at DJ's...wish I were in town to join you...'cause I would

I am.
Multiple TVs so seeing NHL games, NFL games, MLB games and team sports games won’t be an issue if available , great food including the Burgers, Coca Cola and other Coke brand sodas, and female servers that are attractive.

I see 1 Saints fan inside this restaurant tonight which not surprising because this is a game available on ESPN.

Also I think of the Commodores when looking at the Saints because nearly identical colors.
Saints do have a better history for winning than Vanderbilt including the Saints won a Super Bowl while Vanderbilt has never won a National Title in College Football.
D311A477-E90E-4F7C-8CD3-386D4B94B970.jpeg653B4B06-BF62-48A0-9E01-A537095BF5F4.jpeg89468BB5-BB9E-4070-BD9B-50A33F95391E.jpegACA2FB43-FACC-4372-B54B-A0B4ADA6AA3F.jpegCAC850E4-3450-44A8-B4FB-F6CF4D18B19F.jpegA6EA7E13-C7D4-492A-8BE2-DCF15B49398D.jpeg

Reactions: Sea Ray

If I give enough cash I’ll pay for your visit because it would be fun.

This is me tonight.
I love this Mitchell and Ness SnapBack Bulls hat I bought in a Chicago teams store outside Wrigley Field this year, and wearing a terrific Red Tommy Hilfiger fleece pullover I bought from Kohls this year.
It’s a red theme Monday for me. I’m wearing Old Navy beige white pants which are what a Modern Indiana Jones would wear.

24BA7E99-0D36-4C66-AB1E-291EDF7FA5FE.jpeg

Reactions: Sea Ray
Great play by Jordan to knock the football loose, and the Saints defense recovers.

The Saints defense is playing Rockstar Football tonight, and Dalton is playing pretty good much like he did when he was the reliable winning starter for the Bengals.
1589A95F-F7BB-403F-B438-063A169D09EB.jpegF542C90D-0C39-4E44-AE48-E676B174D950.jpeg

I never understand why Football players decide to wear necklaces during games because a good chance the jewelry gets damaged.
Bowling and golf it’s not a flaw because those 2 sports are not physical contact sports.

The great Saints rb that played for the Rocky Top Volunteers is wearing a flashy gold necklace that most likely is real gold.

Brady is King of the comebacks so I won’t be surprised if the Buccaneers came back to win.

I’m still confident the Saints defend the lead to win this game in Tampa Bay.

Brady is King of the comebacks so I won’t be surprised if the Buccaneers came back to win.

I’m still confident the Saints defend the lead to win this game in Tampa Bay.

The Buccaneers came back to defeat the Saints 17-16 in an unforgettable thriller.

The 45 Year old Brady looked like Classic Brady during his 1st 10 seasons with the Patriots.

I hate to be "that guy" 'cause I'm not a conspiracy theorist but that game had all the makings of a fixed NFL game. How else do you explain the Saints' RB (Ingraham?) running out of bounds untouched just short of the sticks with about 3 mins left to go? And then the next play on 3rd and short while trying to burn time, Dalton throws a pass (which falls incomplete). That's what a thrown game looks like. Some of those plays in the last 3 mins went beyond bad plays and bad coaching. Every one of those plays had to happen for Brady to win it in the last seconds. It's like it was all set up for the GOAT to break Peyton's record of 4th qtr comebacks on national TV

I hate to be "that guy" 'cause I'm not a conspiracy theorist but that game had all the makings of a fixed NFL game. How else do you explain the Saints' RB (Ingraham?) running out of bounds untouched just short of the sticks with about 3 mins left to go? And then the next play on 3rd and short while trying to burn time, Dalton throws a pass (which falls incomplete). That's what a thrown game looks like. Some of those plays in the last 3 mins went beyond bad plays and bad coaching. Every one of those plays had to happen for Brady to win it in the last seconds. It's like it was all set up for the GOAT to break Peyton's record of 4th qtr comebacks on national TV

I can’t disagree because the Saints looked like they intentionally self destructed while it’s not unbelievable how the Titans choked Vs the Giants, the Bills choking vs the Vikings, the Panthers choking vs the Falcons in Atlanta, and any other self destructive choking by the other teams.

Those uniforms are nice. This should be the Falcons primary uniform.

Yep. That should be their full time, with a red alternate, and then add some silver pants so they can have recreate their 80s look with the red helmet and red jersey and then their 90s look with a black helmet and black jersey.

It's funny to me how many teams try to "modernize" their looks and their old look is great. I know many change because they sucked or weren't as successful in their old uniforms (Falcons, Patriots, Broncos, Buccaneers, etc.) but the problem was never their uniforms.

Yep. That should be their full time, with a red alternate, and then add some silver pants so they can have recreate their 80s look with the red helmet and red jersey and then their 90s look with a black helmet and black jersey.

It's funny to me how many teams try to "modernize" their looks and their old look is great. I know many change because they sucked or weren't as successful in their old uniforms (Falcons, Patriots, Broncos, Buccaneers, etc.) but the problem was never their uniforms.

I noticed the classic Patriots uniforms when they were still the Boston Patriots greatly resemble The Washington Sentinels uniforms from the great comedy movie The Replacements.

The current ATL on the front new Falcons jerseys look like they’re trying to be an Arena Football Pro Team.
I wish they would just use the same other uniforms with Red Helmets they used Sunday Vs the Steelers as their primary helmets and uniforms.

17B76815-9780-4B48-97D4-C17572E71D18.jpeg2EF97112-2151-4A92-8BBE-3B849FDFE96A.jpeg5D17B2B8-4ABE-404C-AFB7-83C560A60ADA.jpeg34A0804C-E8DF-4850-960F-03A1FAC252AC.jpegA8E41672-8602-40E9-BD9C-470ADB469B2E.jpeg

I'm not saying it's impossible but I've seen crap like this before.

During Tebow-mania against the Broncos, the Bears were pretty much in the same type situation. The Bears had it 2nd and 10 at the 2:00 warning and Marion Barber ran out of bounds at 1:55. The Broncos had no timeouts and after they were stopped on 3rd down the Broncos got the ball back with about a minute. Had he stayed in bounds, the Broncos would have had to go most of the field in about 25 seconds with no TOs. Then Barber fumbled in OT with the Bears driving to win.

So it happens......or Barber threw the game too.

I'm not saying it's impossible but I've seen crap like this before.

During Tebow-mania against the Broncos, the Bears were pretty much in the same type situation. The Bears had it 2nd and 10 at the 2:00 warning and Marion Barber ran out of bounds at 1:55. The Broncos had no timeouts and after they were stopped on 3rd down the Broncos got the ball back with about a minute. Had he stayed in bounds, the Broncos would have had to go most of the field in about 25 seconds with no TOs. Then Barber fumbled in OT with the Bears driving to win.

So it happens......or Barber threw the game too.

Not exactly the same analogy. I had more of a problem with the Saints RB not getting the first down, not so much going out of bounds. He could have easily gotten the first down and then gone out of bounds. That seemed very fishy to me

I saw information yesterday that possibly Jimmy Garoppolo could be returning for the 49ers during the Playoffs which realistically the 49ers can make.
A lot less bleak since NFL Week 13 Sunday the information was it’s the depressing season ending injury.

Source: Falcons bench Mariota for rookie Ridder

Looks like Mariota time is over in Atlanta. He actually started longer than I thought he would.

I’m not entirely surprised at all since they want to see if Ridder can be a Franchise QB.
The Falcons have found 2 glorious ways to lose winnable games to the Commanders, and an entertaining rebuilding Steelers team that realistically could play better than their losing record with Cody Pickett that mostly makes me think of the great TC Williams Titans QB Ronnie Sunshine Bass.

VN Store

Back