That's racist!

I have to agree with you on this.
These companies are all about the dollar. It's laid out pretty well in the article that Caitlyn was already known to these companies. No one knew who this other chick was before a few days ago and that's after her apparently winning everything.

These companies are all about the dollar. It's laid out pretty well in the article that Caitlyn was already known to these companies. No one knew who this other chick was before a few days ago and that's after her apparently winning everything.

It's just a simple fact that a pretty and wholesome looking white girl is going to be more marketable than a girl of color with equal skill. It's not right or wrong it's just the way it is.

A lot of "the dollar" comes from the people who view the sport primarily through the lens of "how attractive is she," which is why Kelsey Plum is one of the most popular players alive without even being the best player on her own team

It's just a simple fact that a pretty and wholesome looking white girl is going to be more marketable than a girl of color with equal skill. It's not right or wrong it's just the way it is.
I don't think she's pretty, but that's beside the point.

There are countless examples to show that black athletes are ridiculously popular and marketable for merchandise. Caitlyn has brought a style of play that makes women's basketball even mildly entertaining. Her popularity is because she's awesome and her style of play is exciting, not because she's White.

The WNBA is terrible. It's lost money every single year it's been around and is subsidized by the NBA. Apparel companies go for what sells. If this chick complaining about White women was sellable before she would have had a deal before this.

There are countless examples to show that black athletes are ridiculously popular and marketable for merchandise. Caitlyn has brought a style of play that makes women's basketball even mildly entertaining. Her popularity is because she's awesome and her style of play is exciting, not because she's White.

The WNBA is terrible. It's lost money every single year it's been around and is subsidized by the NBA. Apparel companies go for what sells. If this chick complaining about White women was sellable before she would have had a deal before this.

Hardly anyone watches the WNBA, even women don't watch the WNBA so companies using WNBA players for marketing have to invest in players with the broadest appeal.

Countless examples of Black female athletes that weren't "hot" to white people being wildly popular? Name some.
She's had a deal for more than a year now. As usual you don't know what you are talking about

Hardly anyone watches the WNBA, even women don't watch the WNBA so companies using WNBA players for marketing have to invest in players with the broadest appeal.
Of course. Caitlyn is an exciting player, A'Ja is not despite apparently winning everything the last few years. Iowa is lucky to make the Big 10 tourney without Caitlyn. It's not because of her skin color.

I really don't think any WNBA player is marketable, but the companies that rely on knowing marketability know their moneymakers and know their charity causes.

Countless examples of Black female athletes that weren't "hot" to white people being wildly popular? Name some.

She's had a deal for more than a year now. As usual you don't know what you are talking about
I do appreciate it when you prove my point, I'd appreciate it more if you realized that you did.

A lot of "the dollar" comes from the people who view the sport primarily through the lens of "how attractive is she," which is why Kelsey Plum is one of the most popular players alive without even being the best player on her own team
You think black chicks are ugly compared to White chicks. Got it.

Of course. Caitlyn is an exciting player, A'Ja is not despite apparently winning everything the last few years. Iowa is lucky to make the Big 10 tourney without Caitlyn. It's not because of her skin color.

I really don't think any WNBA player is marketable, but the companies that rely on knowing marketability know their moneymakers and know their charity causes.
A'ja Wilson is the first Black WNBA player with a shoe deal since like 2010, in a league where something like 8 of the top 10 and 6 of the top 7 players are Black. Before hers was revealed, there were 3 or 4 WNBA players with shoe deals and all of them were white. I like Caitlin Clark as much as you do (there's no Y in her name) but there's no question that her race factors into her popularity and "marketability"

Again, Kelsey Plum is on the same team that is carried by A'ja Wilson, but is way more popular because she's an attractive white girl. I'm not sure how you could argue otherwise tbh

I said black athletes, you changed it to black female. Why do you think it is that black men are marketable and black women aren't?

Women’s sports in general aren’t very marketable. Did anyone else notice how they tried to blend and force feed the women’s bracket in with the men’s during march madness? It was ridiculous and just turned a lot of people off to trying to keep up with it on ESPN.

A'ja Wilson is the first Black WNBA player with a shoe deal since like 2010, in a league where something like 8 of the top 10 and 6 of the top 7 players are Black. Before hers was revealed, there were 3 or 4 WNBA players with shoe deals and all of them were white. I like Caitlin Clark as much as you do (there's no Y in her name) but there's no question that her race factors into her popularity and "marketability"

Again, Kelsey Plum is on the same team that is carried by A'ja Wilson, but is way more popular because she's an attractive white girl. I'm not sure how you could argue otherwise tbh

If it makes you feel better nobody cares about any of their shoe deals black or white. Glad dei stepped up though.

VN Store

Back