That's racist!

I think Mayo was just emphasizing that white players and black players generally have vastly different life experiences. I don't think he was trying to denigrate whites or suggest all white people are racist crackers. People are different, cultures are different, sometimes you have to take that into account. Doesn't mean we can't all get along. I mean, other than rival SEC fans. Screw them.
I can’t stand when people try to say people have generally different life experiences because of skin.

I didn’t grow up in the best area and I was a minority at my high school. Wouldn’t trade it for a thing. But many people who acted like they had a rough life and in the “gangs” lived in bigger houses than me and better lifestyles. You wouldn’t know it by how they acted though.

Skin color doesn’t determine the man or woman. And many people have a hard life and that’s not dependent on race.

I am genuinely curious how our "Pepsi drinkers are scum" conversation got deemed political?

Everybody wave to @McDad now that we've been dumped into the PF.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Fairly accurate definition of racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group.

Now. What is reverse racism??? Saw a few posters mention that.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I watched VFL Jerod Mayo's press conference, and I think he did a great job throughout. A lot of what Mayo said reminded me of Heupel, particularly his remarks on developing young men you care about, what he is looking for in a locker room culture, and cultivating team leaders. I'm looking forward to seeing Mayo in action as an NFL head coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: smokeyhuntsgators
Jerod’s overall message was good in that we need to understand people’s differences and discuss but I completely disagree with the approach of intentionally seeing the difference.

Saying that you have to see color to see racism is looking through a racist lense. With that type of approach as a black man you are always going to assume that every white person you encounter is going to inherently be racist. This type of mentality is going to do nothing but make you feel a victim on something that may not be there. It is this type of mentality that keeps racism alive in our culture.

With how awkwardly put it was with the disability comment it makes me think he is just trying to go along with the current corporate messaging of the NFL and doesn’t actually believe what he said.

Reactions: Vol since 77
Fairly accurate definition of racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group.

Now. What is reverse racism??? Saw a few posters mention that.
Ecidujerp, noitanimircsid, or msinogatna against an individual or community.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
If you’ve been here two seconds you will know I am the biggest cheerleader. Doesn’t mean I will support everything anyone does which should not be offensive. Reverse racism is just as offensive as racism.
He didn't say anything to indicate he'd practice racism, rather he implied that he would work against it.

VN Store

Back