That's racist!

There's nothing wrong with what Mayo said, but I'm not shocked that Kirk sees it as an opportunity to manufacture outrage in order to get attention. Too many folks are easily fooled into letting opportunistic people like this tell them what things mean instead of getting the full context and finding out themselves.
Media hack. All the same. No matter their politics. Live for the Gotcha moment. Coach Mayo will get better at keeping them out of the loop and at arms length.

agree some what. I think some people really truly dont, or just dont care.
Wherever I go I see people. Sure, I can see the color of their skin, I just don't give a damn.

Besides, no one has been more hated, mistreated, or oppressed than the Yeti. Just look at all the Yeti hate I endure on this board.

Not that I like or agree with his comments, but I think maybe he should get a pass. . . it's his first time as a HC and probably his first major PC. No doubt that the journalist intentionally baited him into a comment that would turn heads. Mayo should've known better than to take the bait, because there are virtually zero answers he could've given that everyone would like. Given more experience, i think he'd have recognized what the journalist was trying to do and would've avoided the question.
As is typical, it’s really helpful to listen to the entire presser and what others and he said prior to the sound bite. IMO it was not polarizing at all in context. Prior to the sound bite he said you really want your locker room to be diverse like the world, then he went on to talk about his POV which is not really a harmful perspective…

Clearly,

thats-what-she-said-office.gif

Media hack. All the same. No matter their politics. Live for the Gotcha moment. Coach Mayo will get better at keeping them out of the loop and at arms length.
It's too prevalent and way too many people take the bait. Folks like Kirk that ignore context and twist words for attention (no matter their politics or the subject at hand) are disgusting.

This. Don't complain about mainstream media antics and then back Kirk's clickbait bs like it isn't the exact same. The hypocrisy is comical.

Reactions: Devo182
Wherever I go I see people. Sure, I can see the color of their skin, I just don't give a damn.

Besides, no one has been more hated, mistreated, or oppressed than the Yeti. Just look at all the Yeti hate I endure on this board.
I personally think it’s your cousins the Sasquatch, Yowie, and Skunk Ape that has given the Yeti the bad name.

Reactions: knoxvol52
What a ******* idiotic tweet. He didn't say anything even remotely close to that. He literally talked about having a diverse locker room, which is basically the opposite on most NFL starting rosters.

Guy didn't even see the interview obviously. And then took the simplest quote and turned it SO far off its head...just absurd.

What a moron.

Edit: oh I see now, the guy is a political goon and antagonist. Smdh
Because what Mayo said has been used by the "see racism everywhere" woke crowd for years...maybe he didn't mean it that way, I listened to it and it sounded like he did...it's not an ideal that is used to unite people, I has been used extensively by that crowd to divide.

I like Mayo...and he probably didn't mean it that way...I hope he didn't, but I get why people that have watched the woke divide and tear the people of our country apart for a decade now could hear one of their catchphrases in what he said.

A lot of that goes right in one ear and out the other with some people...I know it does.

Last edited:
How many dumb leftist pundits do you get that reaction when you see them.
I get the reaction to all political pundits. Doesn't matter which side. The people saying the guy took Mayo out of context and is using this for clickbait are not wrong. His goal is just as much to divide as "the other side". That's what politics has become. It's a damn shame.

I am genuinely curious how our "Pepsi drinkers are scum" conversation got deemed political?

Everybody wave to @McDad now that we've been dumped into the PF.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Vol423
I get the reaction to all political pundits. Doesn't matter which side. The people saying the guy took Mayo out of context and is using this for clickbait are not wrong. His goal is just as much to divide as "the other side". That's what politics has become. It's a damn shame.
The "I see color, so I can see racism" cliche is one of the things the woke say all the tine to divide us...it sounds alright until you figure out what they really mean by it.

I don't think Mayo meant it that way.

Calm down, I think he phrased it poorly, It's perfectly fine to see color it's how you treat color that matters. which is what I think he was trying to say.

Charlie Kirk is a schmuck who always incites this stuff.

Lol, sorry, no... That isn't what he's saying. He's saying the opposite of that.

Colorblindness is the racial ideology that posits the best way to end discrimination is by treating individuals as equally as possible, without regard to race, culture, or ethnicity (Williams, 2011).

• At face value, this belief appears to not only amounts to a dismissal of the lived experiences of people of color, but also suggests that racism does not exist so long as one ignores it.
  • However, within the context of enduring structural and systematic racism, racial colorblindness serves as a device to disengage from conversations of race and racism entirely. (Asare, 2017)

That's what he's saying. Basic woke nonsense.

Jerrod Mayo. On the hunt for racism in an NFL locker room... 😂

Last edited:

VN Store

Back