That's racist!

Actions? What actions? I can’t take away words that were written on a page, but those are not actions. Actions are what I was referring to earlier . Spending decades and decades of work along side people of different color, sexual orientation, religion etc. and working for common goals. If at any point he chose to hold someone back because of their color, sexual preferences that’s one thing, but because he had a few emails with words that are not socially acceptable that’s his label forever. I’m sorry, I don’t subscribe to that line of thinking.
Is discrimination an action? Is hate an action? Are putting hateful viewpoints into words an actions? How about sending those words to another person?
It seems like you are choosing to not subscribe. Words have power and meaning.

Reactions: NashVol11
Is discrimination an action? Is hate an action? Are putting hateful viewpoints into words an actions? How about sending those words to another person?
It seems like you are choosing to not subscribe. Words have power and meaning.

I get that those words are not acceptable, that line of thinking is not right and that it was incredibly stupid to use them in an email. I find the consistency at how people are judged in today’s society to be beyond absurd. For example

Here’s just one little lyric from one of the performers at this year’s Super Bowl Halftime show:

A-tiskit a-taskit
I go tit for tat with anybody who's talking this $hit, that $hit
Chris Kirkpatrick, you can get your ass kicked
Worse than them little Limp Bizkit bastards
And Moby, you can get stomped by Obie
You thirty six year old bald headed F@G, b—w me
You don't know me, you're too old, let go, its over
Nobody listens to techno

I know those lyrics off the top of my head. I’ve known them for a while. I know some Jay Z as well that could also be categorized the same way as Gruden’s emails. Again, not saying that it’s ok. I’m just saying that a lot of people pretending that Gruden is a racist, homophobe and whatever other label you want to throw his way are going to be the same people talking about how great the Super Bowl Halftime show was and probably have a lot of their music on their phones. Which, like I said, makes most coming down on Gruden completely hypocritical and FOS.

Are we all gonna cancel Eminem and Jay Z now too? I’m guessing those words are different, those are just words and not actions.

Last edited:
ALL white people in the world have done you harm? Not buying it.

Doesn't seem like I'm the one "exposing" myself.

I don't judge people by the color of their skin. White, black, brown, yellow...it doesn't matter. People are people. What matters is their character.
Bay is white.

I get that those words are not acceptable, that line of thinking is not right and that it was incredibly stupid to use them in an email. I find the consistency at how people are judged in today’s society to be beyond absurd. For example

Here’s just one little lyric from one of the performers at this year’s Super Bowl Halftime show:

A-tiskit a-taskit
I go tit for tat with anybody who's talking this $hit, that $hit
Chris Kirkpatrick, you can get your ass kicked
Worse than them little Limp Bizkit bastards
And Moby, you can get stomped by Obie
You thirty six year old bald headed F@G, b—w me
You don't know me, you're too old, let go, its over
Nobody listens to techno

I know those lyrics off the top of my head. I’ve known them for a while. I know some Jay Z as well that could also be categorized the same way as Gruden’s emails. Again, not saying that it’s ok. I’m just saying that a lot of people pretending that Gruden is a racist, homophobe and whatever other label you want to throw his way are going to be the same people talking about how great the Super Bowl aHalftime show was and probably a lot of their music on their phones. Which, like I said, makes most coming down on Gruden completely hypocritical and FOS.

Are we all gonna cancel Eminem and Jay Z now too? I’m guessing those words are different, those are just words and not actions.
Definitely makes the NFL look hypocritical for paying them to perform.

Weak argument but it’s not even necessary to give a direct counter. He offended more people than AAs. Including his boss.
No, his boss took up the cape of virtual signaling and pretended to be offended. Same as you, same as ESPN, same as everyone else who was not directly insulted nor has a personal relationship with Jon Gruden.

If money is his only source of happiness and self worth, then he's good - but an even bigger turd than it appeared.
There are lot worse things in this world than receiving a ton of money…. Retiring…..spending time with friends and family…… traveling and enjoying life.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
He's a turd.
And this is another case of you reap what you sew.
He may be. I don’t know him on a personal level.
With that said, I don’t consider him butchering a guy’s name in order to call him a dumbass and say his lips are as big as Michelin’s racist. He could have just as easily referred to Poonton Manning’s five head.
Someone with a vendetta dug up the old emails knowing the cancel culture would would take him down.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Ten years ago, Gruden wasn't employed by the Raiders. Were these his personal emails? Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I'm just now hearing about this.

VN Store

Back