That was Tennessee Football today

Defense was on point

Offense did what was needed with almost 200 yards on the ground

Offense is so much better with Maurer in the game, but JG managed the game well when he had to come in

We can improve on this
I agree looked much better today especially on Defense. I think we beat Kentucky and Vandy and finish 5-7 at the very least.

Reactions: volncleveland
I admit I thought there was no way we would win playing conservative like that but it was the right call in the end.

Good game sucks that we lost Henry Too.. for the first half next week. If we can keep it respectable next week and not get blown out that will be improvement

Reactions: spyfish007
I admit I thought there was no way we would win playing conservative like that but it was the right call in the end.
I was right there with you. I was yelling at the TV... 😎

Good game sucks that we lost Henry Too.. for the first half next week. If we can keep it respectable next week and not get blown out that will be improvement
Gotta forget about next week vs Bama and not think it means anything to the season, it doesn’t. They’re gonna get blown out next week.

The success of the season lies in the last 5 beginning with SCar. Win 4 of 5 and let’s go bowling!

Last edited:
Defense was on point

Offense did what was needed with almost 200 yards on the ground

Offense is so much better with Maurer in the game, but JG managed the game well when he had to come in

We can improve on this

Nice post as always Count spot on

I was right there with you. I was yelling at the TV... 😎

I wanted to but was too apathetic and numb from the past year of Tennessee football.

I actually had to rewatch the pass to Byrd just to make sure JG didn’t really get hit from behind and cough up a fumble.

Agreed...FIRST real signs of improvement.

Still SEC East Cellar Dwellers...but improvement

Actually, we're tied with South Carolina for 4th in the East...for the moment (as I write this the UGa-USCe game still hasn't ended).

The cellar: that would be 0-3 (SEC) Vandy and Kentucky.

Too young to remember how Fulmer coached? Play great defense, run the ball, wear the defense out by the end, burn clock, play field position. It's a successful formula when you have a good defense, regardless if it is 1989 or 2019.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Gotta forget about next week vs Bama and not think it means anything to the season, it doesn’t. They’re gonna get blown out next week.

The success of the season lies in the last 5 beginning with SCar. Win 4 of 5 and let’s go bowling!
I disagree. Just look what the Gamecock just did. Any team can win any game on Saturday.

It is the way we have to play! Is it ugly? Yes it is, but we have to play this way. Make the game shorter. Run the ball, control time of possession, mix in smart safe passes and convert 1st downs and have long drives ending in points with no turnovers. And most importantly! Play defense exactly like we did today.

If we hadn’t turned the ball over today, we blow MSST out. Good win and GO VOLS

VN Store

Back