Thank you Dalton Knecht

It was a perfect marriage while it lasted. Thank you Dalton Knecht. I look forward to seeing him in the NBA. I think he’ll have a solid career.

Like a shooting star he came through here and is gone just as fast. Hopefully everyone appreciates the fact that we got to see one of the 3-4 best players to ever wear the orange and white. He has earned every penny and every bit of stardom he hopefully achieves in the NBA.

Thank you, young man.

This made me realize how quicly ZZ's college career went by. JJJ and Santi feel like they have been here foreverrrrrrrrrrr, but it feels like ZZ just got here.
I may cry at senior night next season.

Allan, but I digress. I agree with you. Houston was my first "favorite" Vol as a kid. Loved him and his NBA career, too. But Dalton Knecht is a much more well-roubded offensive player and infinitely more athletic.
Allan, my bad. I'm getting old. He was my first favorite Vol too, even though the teams he was on were horrible. I was very happy to see him involved and going to our games.

Reactions: cncchris33
I hope he is an active VFL...unlike too many "VFL"s that claim they are but are not.

I don’t care what anyone says, the greatest to ever do it here.

At season’s end, it sucks that we no longer have Vol basketball to watch for 7 months, but what always hurts me the most is the players like JJJ and SV that we will never get to watch suit up again. The fact that DK was able to captivate us like he did, in such a short time, speaks both to his abilities as a player, as well as the attitude and passion that he had for our university, fans, coaches, and team. Thank you DK for a memorable ride and the most successful season in UT history🥺🧡

Tennessee will eventually break down the door to a Final Four. I believe that. Will any of us be around when it happens? I hope so.

I don’t believe Tennessee will ever again have a player quite like Dalton Knecht, though. That’s how special this guy was for us. Thanks DK for bringing your electrifying abilities to Rocky Top.

I don’t care what anyone says, the greatest to ever do it here.

At season’s end, it sucks that we no longer have Vol basketball to watch for 7 months, but what always hurts me the most is the players like JJJ and SV that we will never get to watch suit up again. The fact that DK was able to captivate us like he did, in such a short time, speaks both to his abilities as a player, as well as the attitude and passion that he had for our university, fans, coaches, and team. Thank you DK for a memorable ride and the most successful season in UT history🥺🧡
Well said. I agree 100% .... The Dalton Train was a fun ride.

Everybody should go to Salsarita’s at least once this week in honor of Dalton Knecht (and his NIL sponsorship).

That is all. Thank you for an unbelievable season of carrying the team on your back. Go make that money in the league now kid. Truly an unbelievable season.

Knecht may be the best to wear the Orange. Other greats (I'm thinking Bernard King) had a partner nearly as good. Knecht had to carry the offense most every game; and some games like vs purdoo, had no help. ZZ picked the worst time to be off his game.

I hope we find another Knecht in the portal. We need to find a scorer again who can create shots like Knecht and another big man too and a backup point guard.

Not happening. I've watched UT Basketball for 40 something years and DK is just the second really unbelievable player at UT.

Singlehandedly turned a team with elite defense and mediocre offense into a team with elite defense and very good offense.

I played with Larry Finch and Larry Kenon at Memphis State in 1972-73. We played against Bill Walton at UCLA. I have watched so many good players since then. Dalton Knecht is something special. He surely fits in that group. Such a sweet stroke and explosiveness. Its been a joy to watch him. Good luck going forward.

Needless to say, player like Knecht don't come along very often--and in that sense we lost a strong opportunity to get
to the Final Four for the first time.

It was obvious to me--and perhaps many others--that we needed to win a game or two in the SEC tourney to secure the No. 1 seed,
and the consensus was that we had it. Had we gotten it, we would have been in the West and avoided Purdue and UConn and Houston. And to see
freakin' bama come out of the West sux hugely.

That said, wouldn't the top 2 seed be placed in the region with the last No.1 seed? That would have put us in the West as well--but the committee didn't do that, opted to keep Arizona in the West as the 2.

I hope he falls to my bulls in the 10-12 range
Aside from his age, the only issue DK has is that the NBA is so enamored with the international players. None of them want to be accused of missing on the next Nicola Jocic. If it was talent alone, I believe he should be top 10. Realistically I think he’ll be in the 10 to 20 range and that’s still great.

Aside from his age, the only issue DK has is that the NBA is so enamored with the international players. None of them want to be accused of missing on the next Nicola Jocic. If it was talent alone, I believe he should be top 10. Realistically I think he’ll be in the 10 to 20 range and that’s still great.
I selfishly hope he falls to Chicago. I’ll buy his jersey and frame it regardless

VN Store

Back