Thank the Good Lord we don't play Memphis this year...

Memphis tooled Navy last night in front of another national audience as broadcast from the soon to be renamed Liberty Bowl. When will we get that kind of spotlight?

Memphis tooled Navy last night in front of another national audience as broadcast from the soon to be renamed Liberty Bowl. When will we get that kind of spotlight?

I think we are sort of snake bit right now from much of the media. For several years the media promoted us, even Herbstreit one year predicted us as being surprise team of the year. They are just gun shy of us right now, and based on our recent history of mismanaging the football program I can’t blame them.

So, I think as soon as we show we are real, and consistently good we will get the recognition we deserve.

Going to take some consistency of playing well in all games. We can get primetime games when TV networks a confident TN can make it a game not just a blowout by the other team. Going to take time to get rid of the stink of 15 yrs of bad FB.

Going to take some consistency of playing well in all games. We can get primetime games when TV networks a confident TN can make it a game not just a blowout by the other team. Going to take time to get rid of the stink of 15 yrs of bad FB.
The last 2 UT games have been blowouts. Of sec teams. On Saturdays.

UT plays in primetime this week as well. On a Saturday night. In front of 100k+. At a sold out Neyland

I think we are sort of snake bit right now from much of the media. For several years the media promoted us, even Herbstreit one year predicted us as being surprise team of the year. They are just gun shy of us right now, and based on our recent history of mismanaging the football program I can’t blame them.

So, I think as soon as we show we are real, and consistently good we will get the recognition we deserve.

I think you make a good point. I expect our fortunes to change but we have to change it. Good games against Vanderbilt and Kentucky are locally interesting but not likely to generate much of a buzz in the bigger picture. Kinda like when Boise State beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl several years ago...it was funny but not really high level football.

Reactions: OldVolMan
I think you make a good point. I expect our fortunes to change but we have to change it. Good games against Vanderbilt and Kentucky are locally interesting but not likely to generate much of a buzz in the bigger picture. Kinda like when Boise State beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl several years ago...it was funny but not really high level football.
This after bragging that your actual team just "trounced" a military academy. lol

Your troll game is soft.

VN Store

Back