TFG's Summer Watch Thread

@VolNExile

The Elevation Reading on My Forerunner 935 Is Wrong | Garmin Support

It wasn't incredibly windy, but it was windy. All day. So this too. (I was only wearing a short sleeved polo)
‘K...

All my flight training is in complete rebellion, but you’re a good guy, so I’ll let it go, but...

For what it’s worth, I’ve found that the sleep tracking on my cheapo step tracking watch is ridiculous. For instance, I woke up at 2:30 this morning and laid completely still, mainly to avoid being bitten by the cat, and the phone captured it as light sleep.

‘K...

All my flight training is in complete rebellion, but you’re a good guy, so I’ll let it go, but...

For what it’s worth, I’ve found that the sleep tracking on my cheapo step tracking watch is ridiculous. For instance, I woke up at 2:30 this morning and laid completely still, mainly to avoid being bitten by the cat, and the phone captured it as light sleep.

yeah, the sleep function on my not cheap watch is ridiculous too. I don't trust it. But, like the altimeter, I don't pay any attention to it. I use lots of other functions though

Reactions: VolNExile
So I recalibrated the altimeter this morning and it was like 765 ft or something. Just been to class and now back at lunch I’m somehow up to 980 ft

Reactions: VolNExile
Well I don't want yours. I've already explained that's what I wanted but wouldn't spend that kind of money on something I wasn't sure I'd like. Mine has climbing, yoga, treadmill, bike riding, running, exercise, hiking that I don't need as well as the 2 I do. My point is, It doesn't matter what I need or don't need, If I want it and like it I'll get it.

That was just my way of saying "Nice watch Bill, I like it."
Yeah Garmin is to expensive for me to justify getting it if I was going to get another it might would be a Fitbit and under 200$ but happy with what I got for now. Was glad to have a watch again after the battery had died in my gshock.

‘K...

Sleep function on mine seems to be ridiculously accurate. I mean I have no way of knowing if the deep sleep and light sleep part is accurate, but it shows the accurate times I go to bed, get up in the middle of the night and what time I get up in the morning. Every time I've checked it it's been right on the money or off no more than 2 minutes.

I mentioned it several times, it's almost unbelievable.

Sleep function on mine seems to be ridiculously accurate. I mean I have no way of knowing if the deep sleep and light sleep part is accurate, but it shows the accurate times I go to bed, get up in the middle of the night and what time I get up in the morning. Every time I've checked it it's been right on the money or off no more than 2 minutes.

I mentioned it several times, it's almost unbelievable.
The times look right on mine. It just can’t tell the difference between light sleep and awake, but really still. No big deal; I didn’t get it for that.

I’ve inched my daily goal from 5,000 to 6,000. I still have to ice after walking 1.5 miles, but it’s getting better. Baby steps, baby steps.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
The times look right on mine. It just can’t tell the difference between light sleep and awake, but really still. No big deal; I didn’t get it for that.

I’ve inched my daily goal from 5,000 to 6,000. I still have to ice after walking 1.5 miles, but it’s getting better. Baby steps, baby steps.
I don't look at the sleep thing every day, but after a night like last night it's interesting to look at it.

Yep. Others asked me why counting my laps were so important and I ain't telling errthang, but from when I first started in November til today is like night and day. In November I thought what I'm doing now was impossible.

I'm 1.6 lbs away from meeting my first goal I had set for my Birthday, June 9th.

I have some major sleep issues that are slowly (we’re talking creeping along over here) being fixed, but I still wake up 4-5 times a night. It’s rarely ever reflected by my watch. Friday night into Saturday morning, I woke up around 4 am and never got back to real sleep. All my app shows is a little blip where I think I got up to use the restroom around 6 am.
It shows I’m still not getting deep sleep, maybe half an hour/night, and I do think that’s sadly accurate. I’m now on Doxepin which at least allows me to get into REM sleep. It’s fun remembering dreams again.

Reactions: VolNExile and Behr
I have some major sleep issues that are slowly (we’re talking creeping along over here) being fixed, but I still wake up 4-5 times a night. It’s rarely ever reflected by my watch. Friday night into Saturday morning, I woke up around 4 am and never got back to real sleep. All my app shows is a little blip where I think I got up to use the restroom around 6 am.
It shows I’m still not getting deep sleep, maybe half an hour/night, and I do think that’s sadly accurate. I’m now on Doxepin which at least allows me to get into REM sleep. It’s fun remembering dreams again.

Undercooked taters will do that to you.

I rarely sleep through the night. Very rarely.

We may be doing better than we think:

That Sleep Tracker Could Make Your Insomnia Worse (Published 2019)

Reactions: volfanbill
What app do you use?
This is straight from the VeryFitPro app. I just realized yesterday (🤪) that the app is synced with Apple Health on my phone.

I had the Apple Health icon in a folder I labeled “Crapple” where I park the unless junk that comes on my phone, so it never occurred to me to play with it. It pretty much shows the same thing as the VeryFitPro.

This is straight from the VeryFitPro app. I just realized yesterday (🤪) that the app is synced with Apple Health on my phone.

I had the Apple Health icon in a folder I labeled “Crapple” where I park the unless junk that comes on my phone, so it never occurred to me to play with it. It pretty much shows the same thing as the VeryFitPro.
Thought I recognized it, that's what I use. It's not a "bad" app, it's just it seems it was programed in a hurry and really needs to be cleaned up and tweaked.

VN Store

Back