Texas A&M/SEC megamerge thread extravaganza

So the SEC would get Texas A&M while the PAC-12 gets Texas and Oklahoma? Funny how the conference acting first isn't getting the best of that deal.

Just my opinion, but I don't think Texas would have taken an SEC invititation...ever. Their smugness and desire to be in the MNC game goes well beyond the field of competition. Their best shot is the 'PAC whatever' due to the lower level of competition. Some people here claim A&M is going to get their arse kicked in the SEC...and only time will tell if they're correct. Don't think for a moment that hasn't gone through Texas' mind when comparing the 'PAC whatever' to the SEC.

I'm saying people here who think the money will come flooding in no matter what the SEC does because WE'RE THE SEC!! are assuming too much.

Depending on how things shake out, we could very easily end up the #3 conference as far as TV money goes.

Bingo. People try to interject their feelings and forget that college football is a business. Its not what would be the most fun (ie FSU or God forbid Va Tech) but what adds the most to the bottom line. Worse case and they dont see the bottom line increasing then they dont even add teams. Will adding Tallahasse or Roanoke increase the bottom line? Pretty small tv markets there. But what about A&M? Brings in the Houston area. And while Mizz isnt some football powerhouse it opens up the St Louis and KC markets. Its all about the Benjamins

I have no feelings about who else comes in except for VT. Please, a big giant no for VT.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Speaking of assumptions, the VT talk falls squarely in that camp. I think there's a lot to what DeerPark says about VT and UVA being politically linked.

Speaking of assumptions, the VT talk falls squarely in that camp. I think there's a lot to what DeerPark says about VT and UVA being politically linked.

And I'm saying it's overblown. I'm from Virginia and I've read into the state government- I know what I'm talking about in that regard

Lose money? Probably not. Gain 88 billion tv dollars? No.

a lot of the reason for a gain in tv dollars (whatever that number may be) will be because the first deal was a bad deal for what the league is worth compared to the other leagues.

so, a lot of the "new" money won't be because of a&m in and of itself. it will be because a&m allows the sec to renegotiate the deal.

So the SEC would get Texas A&M while the PAC-12 gets Texas and Oklahoma? Funny how the conference acting first isn't getting the best of that deal.

There are academic pretensions involved too. Texas would rather be allied with the better academic schools out west.

I don't think Texas is like that. If they were, they wouldn't have high academic standards for football players.

IMO their only concern is competitive advantage...not academic standards.

Texas is in the happy position of being able to have everything. UT-Austin is a great public university, academically speaking. Joining the Pac-Whatever will allow them to enhance their academic reputation even further, provide them with an easier path to the national championship than the SEC would, and apparently provide them just as much money. Everything about going west is better for Texas than joining the SEC would be.

It's so fun pissing you off. Im so upset I won't ever be invited to one of your lame tailgates. Whatever should I do. :crazy:

It would be a real pleasure meeting some of you mouth breathers one of these days. Sadly, I have a zero tolerance policy on dipsticks and crayon chewers at my tailgate. Sucks for you I suppose.

And on that note, I've had about all I want from some of you.

We'll see ya out there.

It's so fun pissing you off. Im so upset I won't ever be invited to one of your lame tailgates. Whatever should I do. :crazy:

No doubt, personally I'm devastated. What ever will we do without being able to go to their tailgates and listen to them piss and moan about being Texas' red-headed stepchild?

No doubt, personally I'm devastated. What ever will we do without being able to go to their tailgates and listen to them piss and moan about being Texas' red-headed stepchild?

I highly doubt you would be invited in the first place, so you shouldnt be concerned with it

I think Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Clemson, Louisville, Ga Tech, Va Tech, Fsu, Missuz...Then say the heck with the Ncaa.

for revenue purposes they may should have went with the big ten model and created an actual network. it's lost a bunch of money at first but now its a top 5-10 cable channels along with yes, the mets one, the red sox's, etc. maybe the money that espn is giving is more than that, i don't know?

Burden of proof is on you. Explain.

That program has about a 20 year tradition and brings very little market share.

Mizzou is the logical choice with 2 major TV markets in the middle of the country. Missouri also borders three conference states which could produce new natural rivalries in football amd basketball. And for the first time in conference history we would finally have a decent team that wears black and gold.

VN Store

Back