Tex A&M vs Miss State

Is Jimbo the most overrated coach in the country or what? The ROI on A&M’s investment is shaky to say the least.
It’s not shaky it’s bad. Sumlin was 44-21 (68%) through 5 seasons. Jimbo is 37-16 (69%) through 4.5 seasons. Basically the exact same results, yet they’re paying him roughly 70% more than Sumlin.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Who’s going to pay his outrageous buy out?

I know some think TAMU has unlimited money but they don’t. I don’t care how much money a university has. Paying a $90+ million dollar buyout is it an easy task. And that’s only for Fisher. That’s not counting his coaching staff. So we might be looking at close to $100 million.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Scratch what I just said....

Had no idea it was THAT bad.... smh....

Who agrees to include that in a contract? THAT'S the person who should be fired first.....

Yeah his contract is one of, if not the most insane in all of college football. Guess TAMU wanted to make sure he was there for awhile.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Yeah his contract is one of, if not the most insane in all of college football. Guess TAMU wanted to make sure he was there for awhile.

I reckon they're gonna get their wish, for good or ill.....

Looking mostly ill, right now

I know some think TAMU has unlimited money but they don’t. I don’t care how much money a university has. Paying a $90+ million dollar buyout is it an easy task. And that’s only for Fisher. That’s not counting his coaching staff. So we might be looking at close to $100 million.

He’d only get 25% within two months of his firing. He’s then get the rest until 2031. So 75 million over 8 years is like 780k per month. Pocket change for A&M especially with new tv deal the league signed.

Fisher is scum. He played Jameis Winston knowing full well Winston was a criminal. He knew all the crap Winston had done and he played him regardless in order to win. Watching that fraud lose is a pleasure. Couldn’t happen to a better man.
The dude has all the coach cliches…they look pathetic, had a shot of A&M parents, Muhsin Muhammad‘s particularly looked unhappy. They had divine intervention last week

He’d only get 25% within two months of his firing. He’s then get the rest until 2031. So 75 million over 8 years is like 780k per month. Pocket change for A&M especially with new tv deal the league signed.
TV deal or not, I guarantee they do not view it as pocket change. I keep seeing this and it is as silly now as the first time I read it.

He isn’t that good. He is average. His press conferences remind me of a drunk grandma. I wouldn’t want that embarrassment anywhere near our program.
I still like him especially his press conferences going way back before he joined the Sec. Plus he is now 4-1 with less than average Sec talent so maybe your opinion of his coaching abilities are a little low.

Reactions: camp_steveo
TV deal or not, I guarantee they do not view it as pocket change. I keep seeing this and it is as silly now as the first time I read it.

Well since A&M has the deepest pockets in the SEC and has new revenue source with the league deal, you can keep thinking it’s silly. You’re perfectly entitled to your opinion. Even if it is silly.

AM would not being paying the buyout. It would come from one or several very well to do boosters.

Everything about A&M is cringy...from having yell leaders to Jimbo. They all deserve each other.

Reactions: CSVol

VN Store

Back