Tex A&M vs Miss State

Ok, ill go ahead and ask:

Who are 5 calls the AD makes should Fisher get fired?

And if a booster is willing to foot the bill what kind of say does that person have and is that a reason for the dis function

And if a booster is willing to foot the bill what kind of say does that person have and is that a reason for the dis function
So 95 million to get rid of Jimbo plus 50-60 million to bring in a new guy. Meaning that we are looking for someone who is $150 million better than Jimbo? I’m not a fan of the guy but I don’t know who is $150 million better.

Reactions: Plecoptera
So 95 million to get rid of Jimbo plus 50-60 million to bring in a new guy. Meaning that we are looking for someone who is $150 million better than Jimbo? I’m not a fan of the guy but I don’t know who is $150 million better.

There’s only one person and he’s not coming nor does he have the time left to start over.

There's an old divorce joke about that.

Bill O'Brien comes to mind. I'm not advocating the pick but he is known in aTm area.

Urban Meyer. I think he's toxic and a terrible human but he is a recruiting beast.

Those two are the obvious suspects for me and both are bad.

It doesn't appear that they need somebody who's good at recruiting. I'm no judge of football coaches.

Honestly, what they need is to bring their expectations in line with glaring reality. That would be best for everybody, really. The continuing escalation of the price of football doesn't result in better football because everybody everywhere just pays more too and you never get anything for your money.

Reactions: BUBear and VAVol85
BU Bear do you think the big money alumni at A&M will pony up the cash to pay Jimbo's 95 million dollat buyout so they can fire him?
Good question. The fan base is beginning to turn on Fisher in droves. He's in year five and still using the excuse that the team is young and that his system is working. As long as John Sharp remains firmly beside Fisher he is probably safe. I could see the BMDs going to Jimbo demanding that he hire an OC with a better offensive scheme though.

Good question. The fan base is beginning to turn on Fisher in droves. He's in year five and still using the excuse that the team is young and that his system is working. As long as John Sharp remains firmly beside Fisher he is probably safe. I could see the BMDs going to Jimbo demanding that he hire an OC with a better offensive scheme though.
ESPN had an article published earlier this week that described Fisher's offensive system as complicated and QB-centric, requiring the QB to make a lot of reads. How complicated can it be if Jameis thrived in it?

ESPN had an article published earlier this week that described Fisher's offensive system as complicated and QB-centric, requiring the QB to make a lot of reads. How complicated can it be if Jameis thrived in it?
Texags has been talking for several years about the complexities of Jimbo's offense and it appears to be true. Jameis was a generational college QB and would have probably thrived in any system IMO. I'm rather confident that Kellon Mond was a better QB than what he showed at A&M and would have performed better in a more simplistic system than what Jimbo runs. A&M's QBs hold the ball too long because of the many reads they have to make.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Someone like ESPN or SECN ran something on his system. They are saying it usually takes QBs a couple years to learn and another to master. They pointed to his FSU guys getting to redshirt in the system, and see it get done by someone else, because he was already OC at FSU. At A&M they pointed out how no one ever really thrived in the system to show the younger guys how it's done. Mond was decent but wouldnt have replaced any of his FSU starters.

They talked about how he needs to simplify it based on experience and only feed them more once they are ready. But he is stubborn and "knows" his system works so he doesnt change his drinking from a fire hose QB coaching practices.

Since he calls the plays it doesnt matter who his OC is. They did suggest maybe hiring one of his old QBs to come in and coach in some manner to bring the A&M qbs up.

Reactions: BUBear
Someone like ESPN or SECN ran something on his system. They are saying it usually takes QBs a couple years to learn and another to master. They pointed to his FSU guys getting to redshirt in the system, and see it get done by someone else, because he was already OC at FSU. At A&M they pointed out how no one ever really thrived in the system to show the younger guys how it's done. Mond was decent but wouldnt have replaced any of his FSU starters.

They talked about how he needs to simplify it based on experience and only feed them more once they are ready. But he is stubborn and "knows" his system works so he doesnt change his drinking from a fire hose QB coaching practices.

Since he calls the plays it doesnt matter who his OC is. They did suggest maybe hiring one of his old QBs to come in and coach in some manner to bring the A&M qbs up.
Yeah, all that sounds like a Jimbo problem. I'm sure there are ways to simplify the reads and create matchup problems (a certain HC in orange is currently having a lot of success doing that) but he just doesn't want to do it.

VN Store

Back