Tennessee's Reopening Plan

dobre_shunka

Available for download as a PDF. It's a 154 page PDF full of typical institutional verbiage

https://chancellor.utk.edu/wp-conte...20/05/Re-Imagining_Fall_Task_Force_Report.pdf

A couple of points I saw

Request students show proof of COVID-19 testing prior to moving on campus; and/or require students to be tested before campus arrival.

Restrict visitor access to the residence halls and Greek houses; limit only to UT residence hall residents and Greek chapter house members.

Begin the semester late, perhaps September 8, 2020 (after Labor Day) and end the on-campus portion of the semester Tuesday, November 24 (before Thanksgiving). Eliminate fall break.

Move all final exams online and schedule exams after Thanksgiving.

Encourage a “5-9 teaching schedule,” in which a class meets F2F(face to face) for five weekdays, and then the next nine calendar days (a 5-day instructional week plus the two weekends on either side) are dedicated to online learning.

Lobby the state to allow students to take a semester off, or enroll part-time, without endangering their HOPE scholarship.

Which would make perfect sense if the hype was real

Exactly. Bigtime hype job. NOW the CDC tells us that corona is NOT that dangerous concerning Surfaces. We have been told different stories from the start. All about the PLAN. Mandatory Vaccines with ID CHIPS. Oh yeah. Gates wants to be GOD. Gates & Fauci are joined at the hip.

People I know who were infected are walking around now no worse for wear. It was like a case of flu. It is usually fatal to the elderly though. College age kids can probably handle it with no problem, but older professors or staff will need protection.

All of this hype is just an over reaction brought on by the media and those who want power. Testing students and athletes is not a panacea because it tests the condition at one time in place. If football can be played during the day with the sun beaming down on the fans, there is probably little chance people would die from the experience. JMO

People I know who were infected are walking around now no worse for wear. It was like a case of flu. It is usually fatal to the elderly though. College age kids can probably handle it with no problem, but older professors or staff will need protection.

All of this hype is just an over reaction brought on by the media and those who want power. Testing students and athletes is not a panacea because it tests the condition at one time in place. If football can be played during the day with the sun beaming down on the fans, there is probably little chance people would die from the experience. JMO
Little? I'd say close to zero.

I'm no expert on academic fraud, but how can you have final exams on-line and prevent cheating?
A lot of professors are going to open note exams or no exams at all. Most of my exams the last few years (Bachelors and Masters programs) were actually more geared towards practical experience or a long essay/big project that took the place of an exam. For the ones that did on line exams, mine were required to be monitored by a website that will have a person that remotes into your desktop to be able to see and look (they video you as well and will have you point the camera around the room and where your computer is to make sure you weren't hiding notes/answers). They will be able to see and hear you typing if you decide to look it up online or on your phone.

Any truth to covid scaring lungs?

Exactly. Bigtime hype job. NOW the CDC tells us that corona is NOT that dangerous concerning Surfaces. We have been told different stories from the start. All about the PLAN. Mandatory Vaccines with ID CHIPS. Oh yeah. Gates wants to be GOD. Gates & Fauci are joined at the hip.

Q stands for Quit while you’re ahead, you know. Find a hobby offline.

A lot of professors are going to open note exams or no exams at all. Most of my exams the last few years (Bachelors and Masters programs) were actually more geared towards practical experience or a long essay/big project that took the place of an exam. For the ones that did on line exams, mine were required to be monitored by a website that will have a person that remotes into your desktop to be able to see and look (they video you as well and will have you point the camera around the room and where your computer is to make sure you weren't hiding notes/answers). They will be able to see and hear you typing if you decide to look it up online or on your phone.

LOL. Right. Somebody off Camera can do the cheating with flash cards. C'mon Man.

Go to school, open up. Wait till summer, Americans are going to open things up themselves. This has been overhyped and overblown. Yes, it was dangerous especially to people over 80 but the mortality rate is being proven to be less and less than what they thought. And that is with some inflating numbers also. It's time to open up period. God Bless and GBO!!!!!

Reactions: onevol74 and FBtime
Available for download as a PDF. It's a 154 page PDF full of typical institutional verbiage

https://chancellor.utk.edu/wp-conte...20/05/Re-Imagining_Fall_Task_Force_Report.pdf

A couple of points I saw

Request students show proof of COVID-19 testing prior to moving on campus; and/or require students to be tested before campus .

This seems stupid. It accomplishes little.

If you had a test and are currently ill with it, I doubt you are choosing to come straight to campus and socialize with a bunch of people.

If you had the test and were negative, it literally means nothing in terms of your status 2 minutes after you took the test.

Scenario 1: We reconvene face to face with students for the fall semester, either at the planned time of August 19 or perhaps a few weeks later, but with modifications to our typical practices.

5. We recommend these visitors or events should not be allowed on campus or proceed under any format.
• General visitors (who tour the campus on their own or run/walk through campus)
From the bullet points of who all is allowed in campus in the best case scenario and the semester isn’t interrupted by any type of second wave. In other words, don’t expect to set foot in Neyland this fall.

Reactions: Vols All Day
My bad. Scarring*

How can anyone possibly know anything for sure about long term effects?

One of the things that has just ticked me off to no end is that with "science" there is a difference between "Law" and "Theory", "fact" and "opinion".

So many decisions are being made by people who are acting like they know, when they only think they know. They don't know. And the more we learn, the more we discover just how clueless they are. There was one scientist is grossly underestimated the amount of cases and at the same time grossly overestimated the amount of hospitalizations and deaths.

And there are examples of this all throughout history. There were many scientists that did not want to test and/or use the atomic bomb because they were sure it was going to blow up the planet.

How can anyone possibly know anything for sure about long term effects?

One of the things that has just ticked me off to no end is that with "science" there is a difference between "Law" and "Theory", "fact" and "opinion".

So many decisions are being made by people who are acting like they know, when they only think they know. They don't know. And the more we learn, the more we discover just how clueless they are. There was one scientist is grossly underestimated the amount of cases and at the same time grossly overestimated the amount of hospitalizations and deaths.

And there are examples of this all throughout history. There were many scientists that did not want to test and/or use the atomic bomb because they were sure it was going to blow up the planet.
Scarred lungs is documented as short term(3-5 years) terminal disease. There are factors involved in how long a person can last after they get their lungs scarred. It doesn’t seem to matter how you scarred your lungs.

If covid is a lung scarring virus, it’s kind of a game changer depending on the severity of scarring. If it isn’t then it’s all about “at risk” folks.

Reactions: tbh
I'm no expert on academic fraud, but how can you have final exams on-line and prevent cheating?
My son is one semester away from graduating WCU and took his finals online. Most of his finals were in the form of projects, which make it hard to "cheat". He got straight A's this semester. One of his classes was a re-take - Calculus. Brought a C up to an A-. I'm not sure how you do a project in Calculus! LOL. He's coming home tomorrow for a couple of days and I'll ask him.

Update - So, my son had to present his "scratchings" to illustrate how he came to his conclusion s. It sounded to me like the professors did their due diligence to ensure the students got a fair and earned grade. 👌

Last edited:
Reactions: ptcarter
LOL, you already have a locator/ID tracker and you pay Verizon $75/month for it.

If Bill Gates wanted to know what ice cream you buy all he'd have to do is buy a cell phone company

From the bullet points of who all is allowed in campus in the best case scenario and the semester isn’t interrupted by any type of second wave. In other words, don’t expect to set foot in Neyland this fall.
I don't think an individual with a ticket to an event on campus is the type of "visitor" they are referring to. Plus it is a recommendation, not definite guideline.

I'm not sure they can seal off the campus from casual visitors practically or legally. Unless there will be roaming security guards checking for student IDs, how do you close off a plot of land that large that isn't already fenced and gated? Plus some roads on campus are city/county property so the university doesn't have the authority to close those.

MLB will be the test for crowds at stadiums. If they start the season this summer with crowds and have no issues, hard to see why colleges can't have crowds

I read up to page 28, which is the summary of the recommendations were we to have this semester on campus. As someone going into my senior (and final) year of undergrad at UT, despite me understanding the dangers associated with Covid-19, I was hopeful we’d have classes on campus this upcoming year. But if all or even most of those recommendations are followed, then I don’t really see the point of doing classes on campus, all the communal aspects of college would essentially be eliminated. If they feel as if it were so dangerous that we need all those restrictions, they should go ahead and save us the money and effort and just go online for the semester. Just my two cents

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel

VN Store

Back