Tennessee's Reopening Plan

Exactly. Bigtime hype job. NOW the CDC tells us that corona is NOT that dangerous concerning Surfaces. We have been told different stories from the start. All about the PLAN. Mandatory Vaccines with ID CHIPS. Oh yeah. Gates wants to be GOD. Gates & Fauci are joined at the hip.
Yeah...just go ahead and inject bleach while you're at it. I hear it disables the ID chip.

We've been told different stories because it's a new virus and they're still learning about it. The indisputable facts so far are that it is 3x as virulent as the flu, much more deadly than the flu in elderly populations, and can lead to lung damage in survivors. It's enough of a threat that we should all be willing to take some appropriate precautions because, believe it or not, you might actually play a part in whether a member of our greatest generation lives out a full life or is taken out alone and attached to a ventilator.

What I find ridiculous are the conspiracy theorists who think it's a hoax and start fussing about their right to not wear a mask in a private business that requires it. Or someone who wants to make a villain out of the one billionaire who's actually willing to spend a lot of money to help develop a vaccine and try to do something good while others are laying off a bunch of their employees while taking a loan from the government that was intended to be for small businesses. All backwards thinking because you want to take a political side instead of cutting through the BS. I don't care how it plays out politically...I would like to see a vaccine that works ASAP. Save and protect lives first, then worry about politics later.

As for the topic at hand, I think the UT plan is pretty sound. I'd rather look back and say they did too much instead of saying they didn't do enough.

I don't think an individual with a ticket to an event on campus is the type of "visitor" they are referring to. Plus it is a recommendation, not definite guideline.

I'm not sure they can seal off the campus from casual visitors practically or legally. Unless there will be roaming security guards checking for student IDs, how do you close off a plot of land that large that isn't already fenced and gated? Plus some roads on campus are city/county property so the university doesn't have the authority to close those.

MLB will be the test for crowds at stadiums. If they start the season this summer with crowds and have no issues, hard to see why colleges can't have crowds

Apples and oranges. UT football has 100,000 people coming from multiple states. Some states have little COVID exposure, others are swamped with it. Yankee Stadium (NYC) isn't Cincinnati or Milwaukee to make the analogy less authentic.

I read up to page 28, which is the summary of the recommendations were we to have this semester on campus. As someone going into my senior (and final) year of undergrad at UT, despite me understanding the dangers associated with Covid-19, I was hopeful we’d have classes on campus this upcoming year. But if all or even most of those recommendations are followed, then I don’t really see the point of doing classes on campus, all the communal aspects of college would essentially be eliminated. If they feel as if it were so dangerous that we need all those restrictions, they should go ahead and save us the money and effort and just go online for the semester. Just my two cents

I scanned-read most of it and I came away with the same perspective. Which brings to light how many other students like you are going to say "Screw this" and demand online opportunities.

And btw, wth has happened to the SGA (Student Government) in all of this? Where is their voice?

I read up to page 28, which is the summary of the recommendations were we to have this semester on campus. As someone going into my senior (and final) year of undergrad at UT, despite me understanding the dangers associated with Covid-19, I was hopeful we’d have classes on campus this upcoming year. But if all or even most of those recommendations are followed, then I don’t really see the point of doing classes on campus, all the communal aspects of college would essentially be eliminated. If they feel as if it were so dangerous that we need all those restrictions, they should go ahead and save us the money and effort and just go online for the semester. Just my two cents
That's the issue, they cant risk saving you the money.

Yeah...just go ahead and inject bleach while you're at it. I hear it disables the ID chip.

We've been told different stories because it's a new virus and they're still learning about it. The indisputable facts so far are that it is 3x as virulent as the flu, much more deadly than the flu in elderly populations, and can lead to lung damage in survivors. It's enough of a threat that we should all be willing to take some appropriate precautions because, believe it or not, you might actually play a part in whether a member of our greatest generation lives out a full life or is taken out alone and attached to a ventilator.

What I find ridiculous are the conspiracy theorists who think it's a hoax and start fussing about their right to not wear a mask in a private business that requires it. Or someone who wants to make a villain out of the one billionaire who's actually willing to spend a lot of money to help develop a vaccine and try to do something good while others are laying off a bunch of their employees while taking a loan from the government that was intended to be for small businesses. All backwards thinking because you want to take a political side instead of cutting through the BS. I don't care how it plays out politically...I would like to see a vaccine that works ASAP. Save and protect lives first, then worry about politics later.

As for the topic at hand, I think the UT plan is pretty sound. I'd rather look back and say they did too much instead of saying they didn't do enough.
Absolutely. There is little pain in becoming a sheep.

I scanned-read most of it and I came away with the same perspective. Which brings to light how many other students like you are going to say "Screw this" and demand online opportunities.

And btw, wth has happened to the SGA (Student Government) in all of this? Where is their voice?
I have several close friends in SGA, so I’ll try not to bash it too much, but they’ve had some week leadership and lots of infighting over the last year that has made it so they’re even more powerless than usual

Reactions: Dumbledorange
I have several close friends in SGA, so I’ll try not to bash it too much, but they’ve had some week leadership and lots of infighting over the last year that has made it so they’re even more powerless than usual
When did the SGA ever have any real power?

In 1984 SGA president Big Al proposed buying the chairlift from the then abandoned World's Fair site and installing along Andy Holt up to Ayers Hall and that went nowhere, man.

In 1984 SGA president Big Al proposed buying the chairlift from the then abandoned World's Fair site and installing along Andy Holt up to Ayers Hall and that went nowhere, man.
Yeah, that’s why I said “even more powerless than usual.” But at the very least my first two years they had the cohesion to at least work together to shape the opinions of the student body at large enough to put pressure on the administration to make small, incremental changes they wanted. But this last year they were too disorganized and had too much infighting to have the ability to even do something like that

I don't think an individual with a ticket to an event on campus is the type of "visitor" they are referring to. Plus it is a recommendation, not definite guideline.

I'm not sure they can seal off the campus from casual visitors practically or legally. Unless there will be roaming security guards checking for student IDs, how do you close off a plot of land that large that isn't already fenced and gated? Plus some roads on campus are city/county property so the university doesn't have the authority to close those.

MLB will be the test for crowds at stadiums. If they start the season this summer with crowds and have no issues, hard to see why colleges can't have crowds
I agree that they probably won’t have the ability/authority to truly seal off that whole area. I was really just coming at it from the angle of, if they would prefer non-student pedestrians not even so much as walk around campus while school is in session, it feels highly unlikely they’re going to sign off on any sort of event could attract as many as 100k people to campus from all over the southeast.

Yeah, that’s why I said “even more powerless than usual.” But at the very least my first two years they had the cohesion to at least work together to shape the opinions of the student body at large enough to put pressure on the administration to make small, incremental changes they wanted. But this last year they were too disorganized and had too much infighting to have the ability to even do something like that
So, they are practicing for real government?

In 1969-70 when I was a member of the SGA, it sure did. We had open meetings at The Circle, arranged for legal protesting and carried out the overtaking of the Humanities building as a sit-down event. Andy Holt met with SGA leaders at least once a month and often had wealthy donors like Clayton Arnold in attendance.

Then, the SGA was primarily anti-war, anti-gov't students with a huge (b)itch about the war, Nixon and Billy Graham lol

LOL. Right. Somebody off Camera can do the cheating with flash cards. C'mon Man.
You think they wont notice you keep looking away from the computer? C'mon man. You realize they will know exactly what youre doing. You look away, answer. Wait a few seconds, look away, answer. Trust me, its not hard to notice.

Reactions: 08Vol
Exactly. Bigtime hype job. NOW the CDC tells us that corona is NOT that dangerous concerning Surfaces. We have been told different stories from the start. All about the PLAN. Mandatory Vaccines with ID CHIPS. Oh yeah. Gates wants to be GOD. Gates & Fauci are joined at the hip.
I've come to the point where I believe that I seriously overestimated this virus. The government's made most of this and will probably continue to do so

Reactions: FBtime
Student and player welfare is the priority.
We are in the middle of round 1 against this virus.
Things are holding together at the moment.
It will probably be worse when the weather turns cold again in the fall.
Playing the season and going to campus is a good idea with common sense precautions. Hell, we probably should have already been wearing masks to protect the old and very young with these terrible flu seasons the last few years. When students and players catch the virus, things will be put on hold again.
But it is worth a try, just be understanding if it is not a perfect situation; applies to football and class time.
Things might work out, they might not.

My neighbor's son died. He was 26, no kids or wife, but no health problems.
Died in late March. He never made it to a ventilator. He thought he had the flu, then he was dying after about six days. I am worried for our players and children.

And if someone wants to start the hoax crap, pm me and I will set you straight.

LOL, you already have a locator/ID tracker and you pay Verizon $75/month for it.

If Bill Gates wanted to know what ice cream you buy all he'd have to do is buy a cell phone company
Dude has been harping on required immunization and vaccines for years, considers it part of a populations growth, up or down yet to be determined.

Sad that Politicians are playing with People's Lives ; Preventing use of a 60 year old "Best Safety Profile ever" --Dr. James Todaro (COLUMBIA University) from being administered to Patients EARLY, and only in the Hospital when the Patient is on a Vent (with 80% chance of Dying). That's just the statistics. On a Vent means 8 of 10 don't come off with this virus.

Last edited:
I don't think it can all be laid at the feet of Trump. Though some of it should be. Most of it is the fault of the radical left

But, but, you said "I've come to the point where I believe that I seriously overestimated this virus. The government's made most of this and will probably continue to do so" . I'm so confused.

Or is it you?

But, but, you said "I've come to the point where I believe that I seriously overestimated this virus. The government's made most of this and will probably continue to do so" . I'm so confused.

Or is it you?
Oh I see. Yes I do think that I've overestimated it. And I also think that the government has done so. Though I think certain factions of the government have done so deliberately. I guess it's not an overestimation at that point. But as for myself I definitely think that I allowed myself to be influenced by some of the hysteria that was prevalent 2 months ago.

It is going to be interesting for the Tennessee students to go to school during fall break and Labor Day so they can be through by Thanksgiving break and take their finals online.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel

VN Store

Back