Tennessee's Main Weakness . . .

how many times did he let a guard tie him up for a rebound or let a pass slip through his hands or have a pass right under the goal in which he passed the ball back out? He is soft

He still finished only 3 behind Williams and Schofield for rebounds. And that is with 12+ fewer minutes. He's not a star, but he gives good minutes. If Fulkerson or Walker gave those numbers, they'd get the minutes. Simple.

Agree,the 3 games we have lost ( KS, UK, LSU) all have better talent than us. Just goes to show, talent is going to trump heart most of the time. We need some 5 stars, like J. james, to compete with the schools that are recruiting Top 10 -15 classes

It's starting to shake out that way it appears. Hoping Barnes and our guys can rekindle the early season magic.

That's not true, a lot of good draft websites or people doing the draft have him as a first round grade right now.

He does not have the ball handling skills or perimeter shooting needed by someone his height for pro ball. People can project all they want, he will be back.

He does not have the ball handling skills or perimeter shooting needed by someone his height for pro ball. People can project all they want, he will be back.

Draft Express (now at ESPN) is the top guys in the industry and has him #24 overall. The Ringer has him #9 on their big board. You can have your opinion and that's perfectly fine but don't try and act like nobody has a first round grade on him and thinks he can play in the NBA.

Reactions: LittleCat and Freak
Draft Express (now at ESPN) is the top guys in the industry and has him #24 overall. The Ringer has him #9 on their big board. You can have your opinion and that's perfectly fine but don't try and act like nobody has a first round grade on him and thinks he can play in the NBA.

I don't need to act like anything. Happy to revisit this in a few month and gloat about being correct.

I don't need to act like anything. Happy to revisit this in a few month and gloat about being correct.

I don't know if he will or not. I'm not sure yet. I can see the argument both ways. I'm just not as arrogant to say nobody that matters has a first round grade on him and when proven incorrect double down.

Need better players. This team was playing good team ball early. They're not talented enough to beat more talented teams playing sloppy.
Our fans are taking this team too much for granted. Yes, we will probably have more “stars” on the team in the years to come, but that doesn’t mean they’ll be a better team. It’s hard to be 24-3 no matter how much talent you have.

Exactly. Williams is NOT an NBA player. He struggles with almost Every team we play that has elite bigs. Hewould see those every night in the NBA

Williams will get drafted and get a shot at the NBA. BTW, he actually played well against Kentucky and their "elite bigs". Plus in the NBA we will shoot more 3's.

Reactions: LittleCat
I don't know if he will or not. I'm not sure yet. I can see the argument both ways. I'm just not as arrogant to say nobody that matters has a first round grade on him and when proven incorrect double down.

Not being arrogant. It is plain as day. Any site that has him as a first rounder is wanting clicks or just plain stupid.

He is staying. No doubt.

Don’t have an aggressive big man and Williams cry’s too much. Take some names and be men!

Agree,the 3 games we have lost ( KS, UK, LSU) all have better talent than us. Just goes to show, talent is going to trump heart most of the time. We need some 5 stars, like J. james, to compete with the schools that are recruiting Top 10 -15 classes

Yep. This team needs a legit big. Alexander hasn't become what everyone thought he had the potential to be. I'm not about to question Barnes and his evaluation, but it's hard to see any of the bigs on our bench being the answer.

Reactions: 1985Vols
You’re going to miss Grant when he’s gone.

And Schofield. It's hard to look at next years roster even with the incoming recruits and imagine they'll be anywhere near this good. We're struggling right now, but there's no telling how the new faces will mesh with the returning players or how well/quickly they'll become adjusted to a new team/system/coaching. They'll also be adjusting to the physical demands of the SEC grind plus school. No...it's going to be a step back next year even if Grant returns. They may finish strong, but I just don't see us having the kind of early season success we had this year.

This teams main weakness is Kyle Alexander

The team's main weakness is cold or no outside shooting (Turner and Bowden) and a weak bench.

You think our rebounding is questionable with Alexander well it's worse with Fulkerson and Walker. Pons has all but disappeared offensively. It seems his best game should be driving but I'm guessing he either doesn't have enough confidence or is not a strong enough dribbler at this point in his career.

On a day where LSU rotated plenty of size, Fulkerson barely sniffed the court in the 2nd half and Walker can't get off the bench. After seeing much of the season, I can understand why. Fulkerson at least gave us some scrappy minutes to start the year and is good for 2-4 points but rebounding and defense suffers. Walker just doesn't give anything. He will either need to improve or become a transfer candidate. We will find out about Kent next year. I think if we had one more competent big man around Kyle's size that would solve the too many minutes issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1985Vols
Hard to disagree with this. He started the season with some intensity but has trailed off considerably as of late. I tire of seeing him getting out-physicaled and getting his hands on the ball, only to have it ripped away from him.

He maddens me when he get the ball on a rebound then brings it down to his waist. He had one big one today ripped away when he did that.

VN Store

Back