Tennessee vs. LSU in the Super Regional

NighthawkVol

The good: We’ve already swept LSU, we got a 3 seed, LSU had to play the maximum number of games to get out of its Regional, battling to the last out, and even had to use its Friday starter.

The bad: LSU is playing for its retiring coach and may have gained some confidence/sense of purpose in winning 4 straight coming out of the loser’s bracket. Also, they have some talented freshmen who now have a season under their belts.

I like the Vols to win this, but it won’t be a cakewalk. LSU isn’t a typical 3 seed. What say y’all?

From things I have read so far. This super regional at Knoxville will probably start on Saturday.

I really hope not. And if that’s true, it’s complete BS if they’re doing for the fact that LSU would have a short turnaround. That’s their own fault for losing a game in the regionals.

Totally agree, however in today’s age of equality and fairness, plan on playing on Saturday..........GBO!!!!!

LSU will have confidence heading in the rematch series this weekend. Their talented freshmen have more experience from the season. They will be looking for payback for being swept earlier in the season. They are playing for their retired head coach to extend their season.

Having said all this, I think our team has much in its favor. Our guys have gained a wealth of experience since the LSU sweep. I also think we are much better on offense than we were in March. Our guys are in their groove. LNS will be a hornet’s nest this weekend. Maineri complained about our fans the last time around when the stadium was only a quarter full. I wonder what he will think when he’s greeted by a full capacity LNS. We definitely have home field advantage this weekend. We know that our guys will compete their tails off and not back down. They have resilience, toughness, and grit.

This series will be competitive and intense, but I have confidence that our guys will win 2 games and punch their ticket to Omaha.

Even our own local media are already talking about “Maneiri Magic” this whole week really is going to be insufferable….

I’m already sick of the “Maineri Magic” narrative. And for what it’s worth, Wes also had the feeling that the Vols would be ambushed by South Carolina at Founder’s Park in Columbia….

Gonna have to come play which I know we will. LSU can swing it and has lots of power. We all know the ball flies at LNS.

Let them know where they are well before first pitch.

It’ll take a miracle to shut this crowd up let alone with this ballgame.

Reactions: vol94
More baseball today 9am Old Dominion vs Virginia winner plays Dallas Baptist....and the winner of that series would play us or LSU in CWS
LOL, 9am? It's like little league. I'm hoping that was a calculated move to avoid more rain and not because ESPN told them so.

Reactions: TN_gal and VolnJC

VN Store

Back