Tennessee vs Auburn Game Thread - 5:30

Yeah but this is frustrating for 2 big reasons:

1) Still haven't won an SECT game since 2007.
2) It's tough pill to swallow that you go 0-4 against the same team; I would have thought we'd come put looking better and with a chip on our shoulder but that didn't appear to be the case.

We are flawed on offense. You are asking kids to do things that they can’t really do. We really only have a couple of consistent offensive players. I think Vitello is fixing that.

JC needs to practice bunting or something. That'll be the only way he trots to 1st base other than the dug out. I know he has amazing speed and can steal bases at will. He is definitely a game changer but if he can't get on base he's not to useful.

It started with firing Fulmer/Delmonico and Pearl and stupid hires at ad and coaches. Plus don’t forget Holly.

Well, I am very competitive. But my life stays busy and there are things to do. I try not to worry about something I can’t control. I got so nervous at the end of regulation in the Purdue game. I just can’t upset at a last second foul call that probably isn’t called in half the games. Just different perspectives.
No I understand, my life is busy to, you sound like me a little, I’m so beaten down by UT sports I’ve just started to care less and less as a coping mechanism. Unfortunately I will always bleed orange so it always hurts. I keep thinking one day in some sport they will actually man up in crunch time. I’m still waiting unfortunately. I was a young vol fan when I started waiting... I’m starting to get older( in my early 30’s.) now I’m starting to legitimately wonder if any UT team is ever going to man the hell up and just freaking win... no excuses, just win.

Reactions: VolGee4
It’s been a disappointing finish to a good season. In college baseball, offense shows up in May and June as the weather warms up. We just don’t have enough offense to make it happen.

Let’s get some rest and hope to get hot in a Regional.

Reactions: StrangeVol
No I understand, my life is busy to, you sound like me a little, I’m so beaten down by UT sports I’ve just started to care less and less as a coping mechanism. Unfortunately I will always bleed orange so it always hurts. I keep thinking one day in some sport they will actually man up in crunch time. I’m still waiting unfortunately. I was a young vol fan when I started waiting... I’m starting to get older( in my early 30’s.) now I’m starting to legitimately wonder if any UT team is ever going to man the hell up and just freaking win... no excuses, just win.

I was at UT and got to go to Tempe in 1999. Unbelievable feeling, but it takes a lot of hard work and some luck.

Oh well, 0-2 with tonight's games. On the bright side it sounded like Garrett pitched fairly well and will do well after some rest. Vols have lots of time to shag fly balls and get in the cage. For the rays game, got through the game without losing another catcher to the DL. Also, was first time seing Kershaw pitch in person and man is he fun to watch work the strike zone and change speeds. Throws two 72 MPH curve balls painting the corner bottom and away. Comes back with 90 MPH fastball that must have looked like it was going 110 and paints the corner up and in. Dude was a puppet master tonight.

Dude it’s what Tennessee does in every sport... big game with a lot on the line and they fold everytime in every sport. Sorry if I seem like a negative Nancy but tell me where I’m wrong.... at least in the last 15 years or so. I keep hoping for the trend to finally buck with UT but damnit it just never does.

Great season for the baseVols and it is still going. Haven’t seen you post in here since the blown lead against FL, did you miss the great end to the season?

We have us a good baseball team , I don’t care what some negative fans say. People it’s ok, we have an opportunity in front of us. Let’s get behind this team and hopefully win a regional!!! It can happen. ! If so , I will be super proud, shoot I already am. Season not over yet!!!

I hope Stallings and Lipicus return next season and Stallings could be the ace of the 2020 rotation.

I don’t think either will be back. Walsh might be gone too. In my opinion those 3 have been our backbone all season as best starting pitcher, best fielder / hitter and best pitcher out of the pen. Still will have a lot of fire power returning and some nice arms on the mound. I like our catcher’s defense but I am sure CTV is going to look for one that can hit too. Not sure what to think about Charleston and Ammons. I thought they were draft locks but not anymore. Might be a gamble coming back though. First, no leverage being seniors. Second, I am not sure either will start again. Some young guys might take those jobs.

Reactions: StrangeVol

VN Store

Back