Tennessee Vols have settled on unknown candidate for offensive coordinator position

m9LAA3a.gif

Who here believes Fulmer is the type to hold a grudge? I do I do!!!!! Now time for my conspiracy theory. When Fulmer was recruiting Michael Oher in high school we all know coach Freeze was his head coach. Oher was all but signed sealed and delivered to UT. Then Freeze gets a job where as soon as Oher commits to Ole Miss. you guessed it Ole Miss. that’s why Roger Patactor is dead he found captain weinke!!!!

The downward spiral of the Fulmer years and the ensuing mess has been in my opinion a result of the structural change that took control from the Athletic Director and placed it into the hands of the President and BOT. Once there was no longer the Fulmer/Dickey/Johnson connection, it opened the door to influence from more AD “outsiders,” to include BOT member and powerful boosters.
This all day. You nailed it. And said it much nicer than I would have.

Yeah this is weak, feels like day 647 with out a coordinator or any idea of who it may be.

I must confess that the Freeze thread is starting to lose steam (unlike the Gruden threads - I think they'd still live on if Freak would've left them in the football forum.) But, alas, the Neyland thread was born, and moved to some obscure portion of Volnation, which is cool 'cause it has no place in the football forum.

This was fun while it lasted. Of course, all we need to get it going again is for someone in the media to drop another "nugget" or volcolonel or someone like that to give us a tidbit.

Here's a name to chew on, Jim chaney

Chaney's contract is up after 2018, making 920k at Georgia and rumblings that he isn't happy not getting to coach qbs at georgia.

We just happen to have an OC job open that has to also be the QB coach....

Did not realize your first comment. Would definitely take a shot and see if we can get Pittman back too.

I think Brice's list is fake news except for unnamed SEC OC. Briles, Yucich, Freeze, pretty much same list as FSU and Auburn. Listening to Mathews, sure sounds like Cheney. He kept saying we need a offense like GA, trumpting SEC experience.

I think Brice's list is fake news except for unnamed SEC OC. Briles, Yucich, Freeze, pretty much same list as FSU and Auburn. Listening to Mathews, sure sounds like Cheney. He kept saying we need a offense like GA, trumpting SEC experience.

Man, I hope you are correct because Chaney would be an excellent hire.

Reactions: preacherwebb
A Chaney hire would make a lot of the fan base happy and calm the craziness. Then Georgia in the mix for Freeze. If Freeze doesn’t come here, I sure hope he goes to Liberty or FSU. You know Kirby would love to get a hold of the guy who beat the Bamers twice if OC open.

Georgia tried to hire him in some capacity last year and was blocked by SEC just like Bama was. Doesn't take a genius OC there to get Fromm to hand it to Swift or Holyfield or to throw back shoulder fade. Fields is a better fit for Freeze than Fromm. I'm not sure the self-righteous brethren at UGA would approve of a Freeze hire. I think the most likely landing spot for him is FSU, but that's just a guess. It's hard to be patient, but the time to panic on this hire is when it seems to start hurting on the recruiting trail. Just because they don't name someone when we want them to doesn't mean Fulmer or Pruitt are incompetent or not in control of the situation.

OMG, I just read an article saying we should run the triple option next year... I'm officially dead inside.

I think things like that happen when you have more "experts" writing stories than people who read them. Each one has to be more outrageous to get attention. It's like a class of kindergartners, and every kid in the class is trying to be most noticed to be named the class clown.

Anybody else think Urban threw a monkey wrench in the entire coaching musical chairs thing - maybe even tweaked a bit by Harbaugh rumors. Why would a really hot OC candidate commit to an OC job when he might be considered for something better. Could be a top HC decides the grass is greener at OH St and Freeze or some of the other guys become contenders for one of those jobs ... if they haven't tied themselves down as an OC somewhere else.

VN Store

Back