Tennessee Vols have settled on unknown candidate for offensive coordinator position

OMG, I just read an article saying we should run the triple option next year... I'm officially dead inside.

Yup.....almost time to say.....

View attachment 180880

If we don't get an OC today let's burn it all to the ground

BrokenSlowBlacknorwegianelkhound-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Sounds like Doug don't know jack either. Making them all look like clueless goobers right now.

Someone could be named today, but I am suspecting that they are having a difficult time finding a good, or great, coordinator that believes in the style of offense that Fulmer and Pruitt want to run. And, it is obvious from Helton's comments that they are not willing to give total control for a coordinator to be successful. What if a good candidate wants to bring his own OL coach to run his system? If we were to entertain Jim Chaney I could see this being an issue.

Yesterday they leaked that they were 95% complete on an agreement. Today, they leaked that we have "multiple new targets." Becoming very obvious that some things never change with UT football. They must be struggling.

I hope Will Friend is warming up his acceptance speech and how proud he is to be at UT and that is where he always wanted to be. Dream job, la, la la,.....

Hangup may be with anyone with a name is they don't want to part with anyone still under contract i bet. I don't blame them, it's like you're already being micromanaged before you get started. Let the man have his side of the ball.. Phil was a micromanager and that helped get him fired.

Reactions: onevol74
I'm actually not too worried about who they'll hire, but I've read that the higher-ups did, indeed, squash the Freeze hire. If that's true I'm a little concerned over HB's commitment. Probably just worrying over nothing, but I just wonder if Pruitt hinted that he was going after Freeze before he committed.

Could the unthinkable be in the works? I know I’m placing a bullseye squarely on myself here to be completely vaporized by your reaction. But, but, but, but......hear me out.....he said if he coaches it would only be on offense with quarterbacks.....nobody knows offense like this dude, his mind is way beyond us feeble weak humans.....he’s one of Phil’s fav’s.....he’s gotta be gettin’ bored....his alma needs him....could it be? Is there a chance, are you telling’ me there’s a one in a million chance? Tennessee’s favorite son, come to the aid of your university! #16 #thegeneralneedsyouPeyton #merrychristmasPeyton #makeTennesseegreatagainPeyton

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Could the unthinkable be in the works? I know I’m placing a bullseye squarely on myself here to be completely vaporized by your reaction. But, but, but, but......hear me out.....he said if he coaches it would only be on offense with quarterbacks.....nobody knows offense like this dude, his mind is way beyond us feeble weak humans.....he’s one of Phil’s fav’s.....he’s gotta be gettin’ bored....his alma needs him....could it be? Is there a chance, are you telling’ me there’s a one in a million chance? Tennessee’s favorite son, come to the aid of your university! #16 #thegeneralneedsyouPeyton #merrychristmasPeyton #makeTennesseegreatagainPeyton
LOL!!!!!

I'm actually not too worried about who they'll hire, but I've read that the higher-ups did, indeed, squash the Freeze hire. If that's true I'm a little concerned over HB's commitment. Probably just worrying over nothing, but I just wonder if Pruitt hinted that he was going after Freeze before he

Why would he take an OC position...not why would he be “a damn good hire.” Amirite?
Wanted to know what would make him a good OC hire at Tennessee, in the SEC. What makes the poster believe he’d be successful here?

And other than making more money, why would he come to a program like Tennesse given its current state? How would that help his career progress?

Reactions: VeeOhElEsYes

VN Store

Back