Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Can anyone let me know what the tweet says. Am @ work and it is blocked. I hate blocks like we are in elementary school. Sorry about that

#Tennessee will be @LinkHoops today to see senior pledge Cade Phillips, four-star junior Tyler McKinley, and potential nationally ranked sophomores Aaron Rowe & BJ Davis-Ray, a source tells @247Sports.

Just as a follow-up, Colin Porter has recently received offers from Marshall, Morehead St., Lipscomb, and Akron, and over the past week, he has received calls from Cincinnati, Louisville, Western Kentucky, and Virginia. He UOVed UVA, today. He was seen in a tournament held in our school's gym, last weekend by Tony Bennett, Bob Huggins, and a whole host of other reps from D1 coaches.

I was trying to keep my personal hype reserved for fear of just seeming unrealistically optimistic, but I'm pretty excited that he is getting some serious high-major attention.
Non-Vol story warning ⚠️

Colin Porter, who I had mentioned on here over the past couple years, reclassified to the 2022 class and committed/signed with Liberty this past spring.

He started in his first game, Monday night, at PG in their opener and had 5 points, 8 assists, 5 steals, 2 rebs and 2 TOs in 15 minutes in a blowout win over Regent. Excited to follow his career for the Flames.

Non-Vol story warning ⚠️

Colin Porter, who I had mentioned on here over the past couple years, reclassified to the 2022 class and committed/signed with Liberty this past spring.

He started in his first game, Monday night, at PG in their opener and had 5 points, 8 assists, 5 steals, 2 rebs and 2 TOs in 15 minutes in a blowout win over Regent. Excited to follow his career for the Flames.
That's cool, Chris, appreciate the info. Is this a family member or just a kid, in your area that you have watched for years ?

Last edited:
Reactions: cncchris33
That's cool, Chris, appreciate the info. Is this a family member or just of kid, in your area that you have watched for years ?
Thanks, Dog. Just a kid from the same school my kids attend. Great person, most of all, but also a really good basketball player. Hoping he does big things in life.

I'll not post incessantly about him, or the others from our school, but I may drop in updates from time to time. Who knows when one may/may not become a transfer candidate.

Edit: Liberty plays at Alabama, tonight, so it will be cool to see him get a chance at some high-level SEC competition.

Last edited:
Asked about Vols missing on Reuben:

“They will be active in the transfer portal but I don't have the name of a HS or international player to throw out there right now. This staff has a track record of finding kids from somewhere though.”

-Rob Lewis

Not seriously going after Skyy Clark looks like a stupid decision right now. He’s been playing very well.
Very well? I don't know about that. He's been OK, but still has worse than a 1:1 Asst:TO ratio. Not blowing the doors off from a scoring perspective, either. Give BJ Edwards those kind of minutes, and I'm not sure he doesn't match Clark's. I will say that Clark's shooting percentages are solid, albeit a small sample size, still.

Reactions: Ryno14
Not seriously going after Skyy Clark looks like a stupid decision right now. He’s been playing very well.

He might be playing well, but there is no proof he’d be playing this well at Tennessee. Some kids are just not good fits. Barnes asks a ton of his freshman, so Clark may or may not have responded well to his coaching. Who knows.

Reactions: SN-A-C Orange
Very well? I don't know about that. He's been OK, but still has worse than a 1:1 Asst:TO ratio. Not blowing the doors off from a scoring perspective, either. Give BJ Edwards those kind of minutes, and I'm not sure he doesn't match Clark's. I will say that Clark's shooting percentages are solid, albeit a small sample size, still.
Fair point. I want us to give BJ minutes, I believe it would be beneficial for the team. 32 minutes a game for ZZ is not good for him, or the team IMO.

Fair point. I want us to give BJ minutes, I believe it would be beneficial for the team. 32 minutes a game for ZZ is not good for him, or the team IMO.

Yeah, as I have said, I just think ZZ is better in spurts. He has to be going all out in order to get the results that he gets. That's hard to do for a whole game. When he starts holding back or gets tired, he loses his edge.

Yeah, as I have said, I just think ZZ is better in spurts. He has to be going all out in order to get the results that he gets. That's hard to do for a whole game. When he starts holding back or gets tired, he loses his edge.
And as the season wears on, that burst is going to get shorter and shorter if he’s asked to do too much.

Reactions: i2amavol
I think Kennedy was to Zeigler what a really good 3-hole hitter is to a cleanup guy. Kennedy was so talented that he protected Zeigler to a degree. I think ZZ is very good, but he is missing what Kennedy brought when they played together.

I think Kennedy was to Zeigler what a really good 3-hole hitter is to a cleanup guy. Kennedy was so talented that he protected Zeigler to a degree. I think ZZ is very good, but he is missing what Kennedy brought when they played together.
If we could have secured a committment from Cason Wallace he would instantly be in our backcourt starting. That kid is going to be special.

I don't think it is too late, but I think (based on sparse data) that he is ready to contribute. We will likely need him at times this year.

VN Store

Back