Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Yea I don’t think Likekele would start, probably backs up ZZ

Phillips obviously is the golden goose. Landing him would be huge and make this off-season a good one….

….with that being said considering the immense talent in the portal this off-season, pulling Key and Likekele as your top targets would be a disappointing portal haul.

Ive always found thread police posts to be among the worst. Only thing worse is posts about how bad the thread police are.

A thread that doesn’t get off topic a few times probably sucked to begin with

I get especially triggered after the posts about the posts that are critical of the police posts about the posts critical of the posts.

Phillips obviously is the golden goose. Landing him would be huge and make this off-season a good one….

….with that being said considering the immense talent in the portal this off-season, pulling Key and Likekele as your top targets would be a disappointing portal haul.
Disappointing ? More like depressing

Reactions: berryvol
Time will tell

So the top transfers Barnes doesn’t get - he didn’t want. And whoever he gets is awesome. That’s the narrative???

But you really have no clue who Barnes is “going to get” I think.

I hope he loads the boat with talent — Hunter, Phillips and another would be awesome.

I Really want Barnes to make a run in the NCAAT. Don’t want him to be the guy who can’t get it done in the NCAAT. But to win in the NCAAT he is going to need players and that’s on him. Will also need to elevate his coaching.

lol Likekele is sooo meh
There are obviously better players in the portal but we have a solid core coming back. He could provide some good depth/versatility. I would love to fill in the gaps of the departing players but I’m also not that down on ZZ either. I’m fine w him running the point next year. IMO even if it’s depth we get we’ll be good

Well Key was considered a Top 10-20 transfer by some, so not bashing that…but also transfers look for step in spots, they see ZZ/SV/JJ and assume they are starters, you took Key and folks see 20+mpg there too. Like you said Phillips is the big piece, need to land him or a bigger name transfer. I won’t be upset if you get Phillips with those guys.

So the top transfers Barnes doesn’t get - he didn’t want. And whoever he gets is awesome. That’s the narrative???

But you really have no clue who Barnes is “going to get” I think.

I hope he loads the boat with talent — Hunter, Phillips and another would be awesome.

I Really want Barnes to make a run in the NCAAT. Don’t want him to be the guy who can’t get it done in the NCAAT. But to win in the NCAAT he is going to need players and that’s on him. Will also need to elevate his coaching.
He pursued Murray and they didn’t get him, pursued Key and got him, spin that however you want.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
There are obviously better players in the portal but we have a solid core coming back. He could provide some good depth/versatility. I would love to fill in the gaps of the departing players but I’m also not that down on ZZ either. I’m fine w him running the point next year. IMO even if it’s depth we get a PG we’ll be good

ZZ being the #1 PG isn’t necessarily a problem. He is small, but he’s also really quick. He’s actually a really good defender so opponents exploiting his lack of height isn’t necessarily going to be an issue. Plus SV, JJJ, and probably a few others could be the 2nd in the dual point guard lineup.

Maybe this will be a year with a short bench. We can only put 5 in at a time. 7, 8, or 9 healthy players might be a really good rotation.

He pursued Murray and they didn’t get him, pursued Key and got him, spin that however you want.

Ok spin doctor.

I don’t spin. Records are difficult to argue with since well they are records.

Hoping Barnes lands Hunter and Phillips. I am doubtful on both but until they sign elsewhere it’s still possible.

Also want Barnes to make an elite 8. Or heck even a 16 before he retires.

The NIL conversation is already in the RECRUITING thread. You’re just late to the party. Actually a thread dedicated to NIL ought to be in the Around the NCAA forum if we really want to get **** organized as you’re dreaming about. Seems kind of dumb to move a discussion somewhere else after it is already ongoing for several pages.
The discussion of prospects and people entering the portal is also here lol. It’s 400+ pages long. You have to move something otherwise they just stack on top of each other like they have been.

Well Key was considered a Top 10-20 transfer by some, so not bashing that…but also transfers look for step in spots, they see ZZ/SV/JJ and assume they are starters, you took Key and folks see 20+mpg there too. Like you said Phillips is the big piece, need to land him or a bigger name transfer. I won’t be upset if you get Phillips with those guys.

I won’t be upset with the off-season if we land Phillips either. He’s a huge talent that could make this team a true F4 contender. We only need a 7-8 man rotation anyway. It’s just hard to not be slightly disappointed if you can’t get a better PG, which would exponentially lift this team’s ceiling.

I get that these kids are looking for immediate Major minutes, but most of them are looking at teams with a lot of depth already, too. I don’t think we’re uniquely loaded.

ZZ being the #1 PG isn’t necessarily a problem. He is small, but he’s also really quick. He’s actually a really good defender so opponents exploiting his lack of height isn’t necessarily going to be an issue. Plus SV, JJJ, and probably a few others could be the 2nd in the dual point guard lineup.

Maybe this will be a year with a short bench. We can only put 5 in at a time. 7, 8, or 9 healthy players might be a really good rotation.
People believe getting a PG is the #1 priority. Of course would be great to get an elite PG in to backfill ChandlerS Likekele is not really a true PG but he can handle the ball. I think we need to have another option other than having to rely on BJE, but I don’t think it’s that imperative that we get an elite transfer PG. More of a nice to have.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
People believe getting a PG is the #1 priority. Of course would be great to get an elite PG in to backfill ChandlerS Likekele is not really a true PG but he can handle the ball. I think we need to have another option other than having to rely on BJE, but I don’t think it’s that imperative that we get an elite transfer PG. More of a nice to have.
Everyone has their opinion. I actually think PG is more important than landing Philips, but I get why some feel different.

Reactions: berryvol

VN Store

Back