Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Crazy thing is...BHH has the skill set and ability to garner 30mpg within this system. Just has to work for it and prove it first. Not sure there's been anyone that has gotten that level of MPG here at UT while Barnes has coached that I didn't want to have that MPG because I knew they'd earned it from Barnes and the staff.

he might as well walk, cause he sure as hell not getting guaranteed 30 mins if they get Phillips.
He ain’t getting guaranteed 30mpg regardless. The sad part is, you know he’s just regurgitating what someone’s telling him to say. I feel for him and hope he figures it out, whether here or not.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Crazy thing is...BHH has the skill set and ability to garner 30mpg within this system. Just has to work for it and prove it first. Not sure there's been anyone that has gotten that level of MPG here at UT while Barnes has coached that I didn't want to have that MPG because I knew they'd earned it from Barnes and the staff.

Earlier this week after the BHH talk of leaving died down Mark Griffin was discussing him on the Basilio show (Wednesday episode I think). Just said that he has a lot of work to do this offseason. Basically spent his high school days always being the last guy down the court and has two offensive moves. He wasn’t trying to be negative but explaining that BHH is making very low effort at this point and needs to put in a lot of work to reach his potential. Guys like that don’t work out under Barnes.

Barnes style of coaching/System isn't for everyone let's be honest.He can get you where u wanna go in ur career if u buy in,but seems he's all about the business and I can respect that he's gonna push u 100% and not give any handouts.

Earlier this week after the BHH talk of leaving died down Mark Griffin was discussing him on the Basilio show (Wednesday episode I think). Just said that he has a lot of work to do this offseason. Basically spent his high school days always being the last guy down the court and has two offensive moves. He wasn’t trying to be negative but explaining that BHH is making very low effort at this point and needs to put in a lot of work to reach his potential. Guys like that don’t work out under Barnes.
A coach can instruct on a lot of flaws in a persons game, the coach can lead them to the water, but he can't make them drink. That's the story on having hustle and heart.

Not a big loss. Aidoo is the far better talent.
He is likely to be a better defender, but BHH has tremendous skills. Might be the most talented player currently on the roster. Don't know the kid, but whatever is keeping him from fully developing into the best player he can be, I hope he figures it out. It would be such a waste to see his gifts waste away because of an attitude or work ethic. Might just be youth or it more likely is people in his ear. Doubt the kid would say something like that without some prompting from some in his inner circle convincing him he had leverage.

I need to hear something positive regarding Phillips or Murray soon or I’m gonna go insane😂
I don't think it will be much longer on Murray. Know we all live and breathe recruiting, but when I see how some coaches have completely retooled a roster in a single season using the portal, I think we can really make a bold move or 4 before next season and make a real splash in March 2023. I daydream about Murray, Phillips and perhaps a real, live post presence from the portal. Not sure I wouldn't prioritize the portal over the HS recruiting these days.

Reactions: CornbreadVol
Murray, IMO, is not looking good. It looks like we are in 3rd place behind Georgetown and Illinois. We’re going to have to pull something crazy off to get some of these better recruits and transfers. I’d say once Murray decides that will make it easier for Key, because I think Tennessee is waiting for dominos to fall. Key, Phillips, Collins, Reneau, and Lofton Jr hopefully are options.

It’s so frustrating to watch post after post come here and flame out. I’m all for demanding a strong culture but it’s been a long track record of the same thing over and over.

No it hasn’t. Work your ass off like Grant and Admiral, and you will play and go somewhere. Grant is about to get paid after next year.

Love how we can all just take rumor and run with it like it's gospel lol I find it hard to believe BHH would call and DEMAND a guaranteed 30 MPG.

I can believe he didn't get assurances he wanted and is going to transfer, but come on, we can just believe every single thing guys. If that DOES end up being true, though, then woof.

No it hasn’t. Work your ass off like Grant and Admiral, and you will play and go somewhere. Grant is about to get paid after next year.
Those two weren't post players, though. I mean Grant was used as an undersized post here, but look what he plays in the NBA. You can't sell him to a 5 star PF or C coming out of high school as a post guy you developed. Grant isn't a post, not professionally.

But he HAS turned into an outstanding 3 point shooter in the NBA, but that's all been because of the work he put in since getting to the NBA, not what he did at UT.

VN Store

Back