Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Anyone recommend any good 12U boys AAU teams around Chattanooga?

You are looking for a needle in a haystack. Even more so because Chattanooga does not really have very many good programs. So many AAU programs are garbage. Money grabs and very little real coaching exists. So it depends on what you are looking for. Exposure? Sure. Coaching, good luck. That is why with my daughter I found one of the few good organizations and then signed up to coach too.

Player fee is $1,500 for most of the BMaze teams. He has also expanded and absorbed some girls AAU teams. We beat a BMaze team in the 10U AAU State Champsionship this last weekend in Knoxville. The BMaze team had a collection of girls that were previously with other organizations. The BMaze girls 8th grade team was stacked. With as many teams as they have there is lots of money flowing thru that organization.
Not to mention the money that Under Armour is paying them to wear their gear. It isn't the kind of money that Nike is paying Tennessee, but it isn't chump change, I'd bet.

Prob the only one that thinks this but idc. Cason Wallace, his game sounds similar to Keon’s. Defense first, not amazing offensively but can score from all 3 levels. Hope we get him.

Last edited:
Reactions: youcancallmeAl
[Not] Looking forward to watching games with my parents (and 99% of our fan base over the age of 60) get upset when he yells for 30 seconds after dunking.

We have a couple kids from up here in my area (Northeastern Kentucky) currently playing for EAB Tennessee. That EAB U17 team beat BMaze Elite in the Rocky Top Invitational, 69-63, last weekend, two days after BMaze Elite completely dismantled a We All Can Go squad by 30 points. That WACG team had at least two 5 ⭐️ kids playing. EAB is the same program Keon Johnson played for, and at one time was run by former Vol, Mark Griffin, IIRC.

There is a C/O 2024 freshman on that EAB team from Hamilton Heights who is a name to keep an eye on; Somto Cyril. 6-11, 230 lbs. Had 41 blocks across a four-game tournament, recently. He is from Nigeria, same as Felix and David Okpara, who both play for HH, as well. Felix plays for MoKan Elite (Kennedy Chandler and our new Asst. Coach, Rod Clark) now, but previously played for EAB. Cyril looked good playing up on the U17 team, last weekend in some footage I saw. He didn’t play much as a freshman at Hamilton Heights, but obviously plays behind some quality talent, too.

As for the kids in my area...
Colin Porter is a C/O 2023, 5-11 PG who has kind of been on the national scene to some degree since 7th grade. He’s played against a Bronny James in some national tournaments and showcases, for example. Started for the high school team, here, as a freshman, and was the 16th Region Tournament MVP as a freshman, last year for a team that went 33-0. Averaged 17.8 ppg and was 2nd team All-State as a SO, this year. Not sure if he is an SEC-level player, yet, or not. The fan in me wants to say that he is because his instincts and vision are just so far advanced for a kid his age, but the part of me that wants to keep things in perspective is possibly too cynical with regards to his true ability in anticipation of not getting my hopes up too much.

Cole Villers is a C/O 2022, 6-3 SG. He has two older brothers who both played ball, one of whom walked on at Marshall for a year, I believe. He was 2nd Team All-State last year as a SO, and 1st Team All-State this year as a JR. Averaged 22.7 ppg. Reminds me a lot of CJ Frederick who went to Iowa and just transferred to UK. Not sure he has the athleticism for the SEC, but man can he shoot. I’d have never really guess Frederick would play at UK, either, so again, perhaps I’m being too cautious as to not appear a major homer.

Here are some highlights from the EAB and BMaze Elite matchup. Cyril is #10, Porter is #0, and Villers is #7 for EAB.

VN Store

Back