Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Agreed. I'll take the #2 overall class in 2021 over a couple of transfers, however I do think we need a transfer big man in a bad way. We need experience in the post. Doesn't have to be a lethal scorer, we will have that in BHH, Powell, Chandler, Josiah, Vescovi, etc. We just need a big man with some experience in the post who can defend and grab rebounds.
Agree, a 4/5 who can be at least a reliable backup. If we don’t land one then the hope is that ORN takes a big step forward into his junior year. Which I’d love to happen but I done really see it happening

Agree, a 4/5 who can be at least a reliable backup. If we don’t land one then the hope is that ORN takes a big step forward into his junior year. Which I’d love to happen but I done really see it happening

Yeah, I think guys like Plavsic and ORN just are who they are at this point. I know when ORN first came to campus Barnes was raving about him and saying he saw a lot of Grant in him, but Grant was showing a lot more on the court by his sophomore year than ORN. I think he's reached close to the peak of what he will be but who really knows. Maybe he'll surprise this year.

Yeah, I think guys like Plavsic and ORN just are who they are at this point. I know when ORN first came to campus Barnes was raving about him and saying he saw a lot of Grant in him, but Grant was showing a lot more on the court by his sophomore year than ORN. I think he's reached close to the peak of what he will be but who really knows. Maybe he'll surprise this year.
The best thing about this offseason is basically flipping our 8-13 players on our depth chart. our 10-13 guys all transfer and basically ORN and Uros moved down so we upgraded those spots.

(This is a rough estimation)
Last season
8: ORN
9: Uros
10: Anosike
11: Gaines
12: Pember
13: Walker (nonexistent)

This season (potentially)
8: (TBD transfer)
9: Bailey
10: ORN
11: Uros
12: Q (redshirt)
13: Tamba (redshirt)

No offense against ORN or Uros but as of right now they are much better suited to be 10 and 11 guys on our depth chart instead of 8 and 9.

Last edited:
ORN definitely flashes potential, but then shows timidity all in the same 1 or 2 minutes on the court. He needs to find some consistency and I think he will be solid.

rx0og3C.gif

I know you’ll suggest I’m overreacting and we should wait it out, but the constant kick in the balls that is Tennessee athletics seems to suggest that we are going to be left holding the bag...again.

At this point, our best case scenario is now Aidoo, BHH, and Tamba. Only one of those feels mildly certain, and he won’t help next year. Key doesn’t move the needle for me, at all, and at a position with a degree of depth, that’s all he really is...depth. Dante is coming off of a torn ACL. Brooks seems like a pipe dream.

The inability to attract an impact big man is as perplexing as our decision to slow-play some we may had a shot with (Gurley). I hate to suddenly be so woebegone with regards to staff decisions, but an unsettling pattern is starting to develop. Even if Fulk returns, it will really just suck if the best we can muster in this offseason is Powell (who I like a lot), Key, and Tamba.
How we feeling @cncchris33

VN Store

Back