Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

See this player is a 2020 target. I was wondering if the Vols are finished recruiting for 2019 hoops signings? If not where can we find who UT is still recruiting?

I think we've had a thread for Vols' basketball recruiting somewhere, but unless folks object, I figured it might be time for a clean start.

Keon Ambrose
2020 4-star OH PF
6-8 195

Keon Ambrose, Andrews Osborne Academy, Power Forward
Keon Ambrose-Hylton, 2020 Small forward - Rivals

Interesting that his profiles have been updated to reflect his new school, and he’s apparently grown a couple inches, too. That would make him more appealing to me if he decided to reclassify to 2019. It had been reported he was about 6-6, which to me, seemed like a carbon copy of Davonta Gaines whom we already signed. I was less interested in that idea, but his extra height makes him a bit more appealing.

unless his team makes the state semifinals on Saturday because if they do I'm pretty sure he won't be here.
Well, that would suck, but is totally unpredictable. Just saying he is scheduled to visit this weekend, and it sure would be nice to get him here on a game day. Saturday vs UK is our last Saturday home game, so if he misses, then I'd venture to guess that hurts our chances if he does reclassify. It doesn't necessarily eliminate us by any means, but you never like to see a kid flake out on a visit multiple times, even if it's for justifiable reasons.

Reactions: cardvolfan and ZZ13
Freak, how come there is a forum for football recruiting but not basketball recruiting? I realize there’s a lot more football recruits to keep track of but I bet they’d add up over the years for basketball. Not criticizing just wondering

Reactions: Schasz
Freak, how come there is a forum for football recruiting but not basketball recruiting? I realize there’s a lot more football recruits to keep track of but I bet they’d add up over the years for basketball. Not criticizing just wondering
When I first started posting I just assumed the “recruiting forum” was all encompassing, so I started some basketball recruit threads. People wondered what the hell I was doing

It’s easiest to just have basketball and recruiting all in one thread since basketball doesn’t get as much discussion and there isn’t the volume of players and offers to discuss.

It’s easiest to just have basketball and recruiting all in one thread since basketball doesn’t get as much discussion and there isn’t the volume of players and offers to discuss.
That makes sense, thanks

Well, that would suck, but is totally unpredictable. Just saying he is scheduled to visit this weekend, and it sure would be nice to get him here on a game day. Saturday vs UK is our last Saturday home game, so if he misses, then I'd venture to guess that hurts our chances if he does reclassify. It doesn't necessarily eliminate us by any means, but you never like to see a kid flake out on a visit multiple times, even if it's for justifiable reasons.
He ain’t flaking out. Legit illness and scheduling isssues. He won’t bail on his high school team even if it means missing UK at UT

He ain’t flaking out. Legit illness and scheduling isssues. He won’t bail on his high school team even if it means missing UK at UT
Like I said, even if it is for legit reasons, it still is conscious decisions not to make the trip. And no one would blame him for missing for those reasons. I just wonder if at some point a guy decides, “this trip hasn’t worked out twice now, maybe it just isn’t meant to be”, and he just moves on or decides amongst the visits he has already taken.

Of course, if he stays in the 2020 class, then that isn’t a huge concern...he still has time. If he is going to reclassify, however, then time becomes an issue, and failing to get on campus for a game would hurt our efforts I’d have to think. Doesn’t make it impossible to land him, but it would be an advantage every other school he’s visited so far would have over us.

Lastly, you seem to have a particular interest in Kessler. Why is that?

Reactions: cardvolfan
Like I said, even if it is for legit reasons, it still is conscious decisions not to make the trip. And no one would blame him for missing for those reasons. I just wonder if at some point a guy decides, “this trip hasn’t worked out twice now, maybe it just isn’t meant to be”, and he just moves on or decides amongst the visits he has already taken.

Of course, if he stays in the 2020 class, then that isn’t a huge concern...he still has time. If he is going to reclassify, however, then time becomes an issue, and failing to get on campus for a game would hurt our efforts I’d have to think. Doesn’t make it impossible to land him, but it would be an advantage every other school he’s visited so far would have over us.

Lastly, you seem to have a particular interest in Kessler. Why is that?

DJ Burns visited in April and committed in June, not sure why you think Kessler’s timeline would have to be quicker?

My guess is OP knows either Kessler or his family, just a hunch.

DJ Burns visited in April and committed in June, not sure why you think Kessler’s timeline would have to be quicker?

My guess is OP knows either Kessler or his family, just a hunch.
To your first point, it would have to be quicker than if he doesn’t reclassify. If he reclassifies to 2019, any visit has to happen by this August whereas if he doesn’t he has another year entirely.

To the second point, I thought he claimed to just have an opinion on this specific player with no knowledge of anything when we discussed a couple weeks ago. I either misunderstood then, or he knows more than he’s leading on.

I am beginning to wonder if Georgia might be a more significant option to him than in the past?

Maybe pin a link here that only a few reliable posters can update with info?

To your first point, it would have to be quicker than if he doesn’t reclassify. If he reclassifies to 2019, any visit has to happen by this August whereas if he doesn’t he has another year entirely.

To the second point, I thought he claimed to just have an opinion on this specific player with no knowledge of anything when we discussed a couple weeks ago. I either misunderstood then, or he knows more than he’s leading on.

Yes it would have to be quicker than if he’s 2020, but acting as if it has to occur in February or March isn’t accurate as we just saw last year with Burns...that’s all I was saying. It could go into May/June/July and still ultimately work out in Tennessee’s favor.

What he’s sharing and how he’s sharing it makes me think he has an inside scoop, he posted something like “if Kessler was reclassifying I would know”...this either meant he academically is involved on the UT side or is involved on the Kessler side, I asked if he knew about Burns reclassifying and he said no which leads me to believe it isn’t the UT side.

I could be off base but if you read his posts to me it comes off as having some sort of knowledge on the topic, yes he said it was his opinion but it could also be his opinion based on info he knows, which is how I took it.

Yes it would have to be quicker than if he’s 2020, but acting as if it has to occur in February or March isn’t accurate as we just saw last year with Burns...that’s all I was saying. It could go into May/June/July and still ultimately work out in Tennessee’s favor.

What he’s sharing and how he’s sharing it makes me think he has an inside scoop, he posted something like “if Kessler was reclassifying I would know”...this either meant he academically is involved on the UT side or is involved on the Kessler side, I asked if he knew about Burns reclassifying and he said no which leads me to believe it isn’t the UT side.

I could be off base but if you read his posts to me it comes off as having some sort of knowledge on the topic, yes he said it was his opinion but it could also be his opinion based on info he knows, which is how I took it.
Apologies if you took my comment to mean something “had to happen in February and March”. I don’t remember saying that explicitly. All I thought I said was that not getting him on campus for a game would be a missed opportunity and a disadvantage for Tennessee relative to the other schools he has visited. And again, that is only consequential if he reclassifies. It isn’t a deal breaker, but it is a disadvantage.

VN Store

Back