Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

So assuming Springer is indeed in, next year looks like...

PG: Josiah James/Victor Bailey
SG: Jaden Springer/Jalen Johnson
SF: Keon Johnson/Gaines/Pember/Yves Pons
PF: ORN/Walker Jr./Fulky
C: Plavsic/Kent
I don’t see Pons or Fulky being this buried in the depth chart. Especially behind guys like Gaines and Pember. ORN could surprise but I don’t think there’s any reason to think he’s going to get the starting job over Walker or Fulky.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I don’t see Pons or Fulky being this buried in the depth chart. Especially behind guys like Gaines and Pember. ORN could surprise but I don’t think there’s any reason to think he’s going to get the starting job over Walker or Fulky.

It was more just a depth chart, a ton could change and there’s obviously lots of unknowns...it was just to show how we currently stack up at each position.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
How insane is it that we are now in a place where we can tell a kid like Cam Hayes, thanks, but no thanks! Is Hall the final piece of this years class(assuming we land Springer)?
GBO!!

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
How insane is it that we are now in a place where we can tell a kid like Cam Hayes, thanks, but no thanks! Is Hall the final piece of this years class(assuming we land Springer)?
GBO!!

It's incredible. I mean...just getting one top 100 player was something that would have me grinning from ear to ear. Never in my wildest imagination did I ever see UT recruiting in these waters much less putting a class like this together. This is starting to feel like the football team back in the 90's when we got that Peyton Manning kid who became the piper that drew all that other talent to Knoxville. It kind of snowballed and we started pulling in top shelf talent. I'm gonna enjoy the heck out of this and hope Barnes has a lot of years left in him.

It can’t all be one big coincidence, right? Springer cuts two suitors from his list, Barnes and co. are in house, Tennessee cancels the Hayes visit. Im guessing Hayes would’ve been a take, had he not reclassified?
GBO!!

It's incredible. I mean...just getting one top 100 player was something that would have me grinning from ear to ear. Never in my wildest imagination did I ever see UT recruiting in these waters much less putting a class like this together. This is starting to feel like the football team back in the 90's when we got that Peyton Manning kid who became the piper that drew all that other talent to Knoxville. It kind of snowballed and we started pulling in top shelf talent. I'm gonna enjoy the heck out of this and hope Barnes has a lot of years left in him.
You are spot on about it snowballing. I’m looking at the offers and kids in the next couple of classes that are listing the Vols as serious contenders for their services and it really has me optimistic about the future of Tennessee basketball!
GBO!!

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
I predict Pons will be gone after this year.
Fulk is scrappy and will get minutes.

GBO!!
Are we sure about this?
Maybe they wanted him to delay his commitment at that didn’t sit well.

So assuming Springer is indeed in, next year looks like...

PG: Josiah James/Victor Bailey
SG: Jaden Springer/Jalen Johnson
SF: Keon Johnson/Gaines/Pember/Yves Pons
PF: ORN/Walker Jr./Fulky
C: Plavsic/Kent

I’m surprise no one‘s mentioned this yet, but Walker transferred to Nebraska. Am I missing something?

I’m surprise no one‘s mentioned this yet, but Walker transferred to Nebraska. Am I missing something?
The reason no one has mentioned it (recently) is because it happened months ago and was/is inconsequential. He wasn't very good, and wasn't developing enough to contribute. Best of luck to him at Nebraska.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Well, I watched some highlights of this kids game. Loved him, played defense/blocked shots, made some good passes, made a couple of jumpers, but was just a beast down low. The thing I liked about this kid the most was his demeanor. Never too high (tho, he showed some swag when he made a big play, still backed it down, quickly, like he had done it before), probably never too low (of course, that wasn't shown in highlights). Looks like a Rick Barnes, blue collar worker, that likes defense. Dare I say it, a more athletic Grant. Smart, undersized power forward with a good attitude and work ethic (imo), that Barnes makes into a NBA draft pick. Unless, UT is snagging 5 stars left and right again, in '21, I think this kid is a perfect fit, unless UT has just become the type of basketball school that can recruit over a kid like this

Well, I watched some highlights of this kids game. Loved him, played defense/blocked shots, made some good passes, made a couple of jumpers, but was just a beast down low. The thing I liked about this kid the most was his demeanor. Never too high (tho, he showed some swag when he made a big play, still backed it down, quickly, like he had done it before), probably never too low (of course, that wasn't shown in highlights). Looks like a Rick Barnes, blue collar worker, that likes defense. Dare I say it, a more athletic Grant. Smart, undersized power forward with a good attitude and work ethic (imo), that Barnes makes into a NBA draft pick. Unless, UT is snagging 5 stars left and right again, in '21, I think this kid is a perfect fit, unless UT has just become the type of basketball school that can recruit over a kid like this

I think Hollywood Rick and co., visited with a couple of 2021 5* players today. Just saying the words “snagging 5 stars left and right” and UT in the same sentence, brings a smile to my face!!
GBO!!

I haven’t watched him, but 170 lbs made me think wing? Is he a post player?

Reactions: cardvolfan

VN Store

Back